Matt Simms and Salsa

Glad to see him having success in the league. It's always good to have another VFL in the NFL.

Plus, as one mentioned, always a good thing to have another piece of evidence as to why Dooley absolutely sucked.

Reactions: 4 people
Matt Sims still in the NFL and Tim Tebow and Greg McIlroy sucking it up on the SEC network.

Reactions: 7 people
New York Jets quarterback Matt Simms' salsa stuns ref - NFL Videos

I still find it amazing after such a rough college career Simms is still in the league. 9/14 106 1 TD tonight.

I realize that he is 3rd string, but I am happy that things are working out for him. He is a team player! Dooley started him during the tough part of the season and then when the schedule got easier, he benched him and started the freshman, Bray.
Simms got the heck beat out of him by D-linemen. He never complained about being benched. He has a weak arm and did horribly in the USC game but he played well in the other games.
Never forget that dart of a throw for a T.D. in the endzone to D. Moore against UAB in O/T to give us the win.
It was sad to see the fans celebrate when we won that O/T game. They celebrated like we had won the S.E.C. Championship. Hell, we were expected to beat UAB and not in O/T. That game should have been over at 1/2 time.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a shame that Dooley could never get the best out of him (then again Dooley couldn't get the best out of anyone) but hey, good for him, somehow sticking around in the NFL.

I realize that he is 3rd string, but I am happy that things are working out for him. He is a team player! Dooley started him during the tough part of the season and then when the schedule got easier, he benched him and started the freshman, Bray.
Simms got the heck beat out of him by D-linemen. He never complained about being benched. He has a weak arm and did horribly in the USC game but he played well in the other games.
Never forget that dart of a throw for a T.D. in the endzone to D. Moore against UAB in O/T to give us the win.
It was sad to see the fans celebrate when we won that O/T game. They celebrated like we had won the S.E.C. Championship. Hell, we were expected to beat UAB and not in O/T. That game should have been over at 1/2 time.

This^^^^^just goes to show how far we have fallen!

Everytime I see Ethan Wolf, he reminds me of a bigger Matt Simms or for that matter, like a lost Simms brother.

Chris-and-Matt-Simms.jpg

298905.jpg

On a somewhat related noted, Jonathon Crompton took over as QB for the Montreal Alouettes in the CFL last night and mostly did good. He provided a pretty good spark, but he also had 3 interceptions. At least one of them wasn't all his fault.

He probably did well enough to win the starting job for now.

Dooley. Simms was talented. Under proper coaching he may have been a good QB.

Totally agree. I think him still being in the league is proof of it. Development is key for college kids. Its why Bray never really improved all that much from year to year and existed on talent alone. Both had so much more potential...

...Simms got the heck beat out of him by D-linemen. He never complained about being benched. He has a weak arm and ...

He has a rocket of an arm. That is why he is in the NFL. He had major flaws at UT but his arm strength was top tier.

Dooley. Simms was talented. Under proper coaching he may have been a good QB.

Meh, I think Chaney was a pretty decent coach. Bray under that same staff turned out a lot better than Simms by comparison and he wasn't a 3rd year college player like Simms was. Bray was also a lazy head case and still looked worlds better.

In summation,I have no explanation I can think of about why he looked so bad in college and how he has sustained a career as a 3rd stringer in the NFL. I'm befuddled.

VN Store

Back