The Sport Source

cwbytruckers

I DVR this. Not sure if anyone watches it. But I just heard Daniel Hood say under Dooley that they had to stay in their gaps even though the players knew they were being double teamed or that a blitz was called to the wrong side. Just another example of how poor this team was coached under Dooley.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Defense by this guy:

20158943_SA.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I DVR this. Not sure if anyone watches it. But I just heard Daniel Hood say under Dooley that they had to stay in their gaps even though the players knew they were being double teamed or that a blitz was called to the wrong side. Just another example of how poor this team was coached under Dooley.

I seen the show. And yeah Dooley is a jerk. No players that played for him or former Vols liked Dooley. I can see why now.

Apparently he is a coach of some sort, though it seems to be up for debate.

I always thought he was an actor from the film Barabbas and City Slickers

Attachments

• 2026611,_uJ8Qy5P0JD8Ow9COMbgItTmJlpjqSsaXjKXllVq_1ic3wmyNLfyky96mlvjyEAAHdZyFRurIgqf1RiDHc2JUg==.jpg
    2026611,_uJ8Qy5P0JD8Ow9COMbgItTmJlpjqSsaXjKXllVq_1ic3wmyNLfyky96mlvjyEAAHdZyFRurIgqf1RiDHc2JUg==.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 13
I listened to a Dallas Cowboy position coach on the radio the other day. He said that Dooley is re grouping and digesting what happened at his first major college coaching job and will try to coach on this level again in the future.

Who in the world would hire him???? An A.D. who has a desire to be fired????????????

Reactions: 1 person
I listened to a Dallas Cowboy position coach on the radio the other day. He said that Dooley is re grouping and digesting what happened at his first major college coaching job and will try to coach on this level again in the future.

Who in the world would hire him???? An A.D. who has a desire to be fired????????????

There was a rumor Georgia might come after him.

/guffaw!

Reactions: 4 people
The more I hear about this Dooley person, the more I am amazed we won as many games under him as we did!

I'm still amazed we let him on the team bus in Lexington. The driver should have floored it, splashed mud all over his orange pants and left him looking like a doofus at the curb.

Reactions: 2 people
Been out on the road working. Getting my first taste of the SEC network. And of course the first show I get to see. Paul Fakebaum. With those ears he looks like he is wearing the Alabama mascot head.

Alcorn State is always hiring...Mcneese is looking for a go getter.

Reactions: 2 people

Please let it be UGA, Alabama, or Florida. Gosh bless please let it be.

I bet you're a wee little man aren't you? For some reason, I always think the grammer queens are trying to compensate for their masculinity issues. This is a football message board...not a English class.

*an

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I remember when ESPN was reporting that Cutcliffe had been hired. I was like "Oh No!...not that guy. He is about as inspiring as the local newspaper's obituary."

Then, he publicly turned down the job (more likely that all the blow-back from the early reports made Hamilton retract the offer, if it was ever extended in the first place). That left Dooley and Kevin Sumlin (and the Air Force guy) as the two remaining front-runners.

Why on Earth did Hamilton choose a guy with a losing record as a HC (Dooley), from a 2nd Tier conference....over a guy who had a winning record and one of the rising names in coaching (Sumlin)? And so many folks in the fanbase adopted this "Woe is us...nobody wants to coach here" mentality.

Kevin Sumlin would have been a damn-good hire and we'd be 3yrs further down the road to national relevance, by now. Mike Hamilton, the gift that just keeps on giving. :furious3:

VN Store

Back