Schools eye beer sales for help

Its stupid for these schools NOT to sell beer at games............its not like everyone isnt getting lit up anyway in the parking lot. Makes sense to financially capitalize on it.

Reactions: 2 people
May actually help reduce the number of belligerent fans at games, since people may elect to drink at a reasonable pace and stick to beer, vs. guzzling liquor before the game and/or sneaking liquor in.

Reactions: 13 people
May actually help reduce the number of belligerent fans at games, since people may elect to drink at a reasonable pace and stick to beer, vs. guzzling liquor before the game and/or sneaking liquor in.

you can't be serious , to think these kids are going to sit in their dorms and play Monopoly instead of getting wasted before the games

Reactions: 3 people
you can't be serious , to think these kids are going to sit in their dorms and play Monopoly instead of getting wasted before the games
Kids? I see plenty of adults smashed at the games.

Maybe this will help stem 11 billion tiny bottles of Jack Daniels from entering the stadium.

Maybe this will help stem 11 billion tiny bottles of Jack Daniels from entering the stadium.

You are right.. Most of us try to sneak a few in.. Sometimes you have too many.

Attachments

• mini-bottles.jpg
    mini-bottles.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 9

I think VolFan has a great point myself. I don't think the kids getting wasted before the game suddenly start sobering up during the game because there's no alcohol sales. The liquor is plentiful and it's the hard stuff since that's easier to get in. If anything it might prevent the last second pounding of drinks that goes on so the buzz doesn't wear off for those that don't bring it in. Seems to work out fine at other football venues.

Reactions: 3 people

fine , then you can't be serious if you think all the tailgaters are going to sip ice tea and lemonade before the game . People will just add on to what they already had .

fine , then you can't be serious if you think all the tailgaters are going to sip ice tea and lemonade before the game . People will just add on to what they already had .

They're already drinking inside the stadium. Might as well make money off it.

Reactions: 4 people
They should be craft beers so that the cost is worth it.

We can offset CDD buyout ... call it a contract beerout.

And payoff debt.

After that, we can continue to upgrade the Athletic facilities with bamboo and stuff. lol

I've seen far more people dangerously drunk at SEC games (where there are no beer sales, so everyone drinks and smuggles in hard liquor) than I have at NFL games, where people can openly drink beer while tailgating and buy more once they get inside. All a complete ban on alcohol does is push people to drink something they can hide, which means hard liquor, which leads to the binge drinking that gets people sloppy and unsafe.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back