2014 Tennessee Season Preview

LT21

Reactions: 3 people
I think a lot of teams would like their "second" team skill positions to be Hurd, Croom, Malone, Pig Howard. I cannot wait for the season to begin.

Reactions: 2 people
It's somewhat of a homer article. The rest of the media doesn't seem to feel the same way about a winning season. Guess we will actually have to play the games and find out.

After this summer's endless amount of negative and uneducated articles about our Volunteers, I pretty much just stick to reading write-ups from UT or the updates from RTI. It makes me sick that these other idiots get paid pretty decent money to express their personal opinions while writing at the level of a 5th grader. I may seem anal about this. When journalism is your career, I find it hard to take your predictions seriously if my nephew in middle school can write a more persuasive article than you. Sports Illustrated made it to the top of my **** list yesterday.

It's somewhat of a homer article. The rest of the media doesn't seem to feel the same way about a winning season. Guess we will actually have to play the games and find out.

If by that you mean media that have simply looked at how UT did over the last 5 years and have simply extrapolated those results to this year... sure.

Most people predicting don't know heads from tails about UT. I also wouldn't say 6-6 is a "homer" pick.

Anything above and including 8-4 is.

7-5 is borderline but definitely on the optimistic.

6-6 is not really being a homer. We played UGA to the breaks and beat USC before ridiculously thin depth took its toll in November. If we don't have those problems and simply finish up Vandy we hit 6-6 with a much harder schedule last year with a much less talented and deep team.

6-6 isn't unreasonable to expect and call for this year.

After this summer's endless amount of negative and uneducated articles about our Volunteers, I pretty much just stick to reading write-ups from UT or the updates from RTI. It makes me sick that these other idiots get paid pretty decent money to express their personal opinions while writing at the level of a 5th grader. I may seem anal about this. When journalism is your career, I find it hard to take your predictions seriously if my nephew in middle school can write a more persuasive article than you. Sports Illustrated made it to the top of my **** list yesterday.

What are you even talking about?

Are you railing about a Sports Illustrated article in a completely different thread that is about a B/R article?

Seems your nephew could teach you a thing or two about reading comprehension.

Are you railing about a Sports Illustrated article in a completely different thread that is about a B/R article?

It's Friday bro. Chill out.

Its also not a slide show, BR really outdid themselves.

Great find for those of us who did not know BR did journalism. Thanks!

This is a very comprehensive article compiling all the information from camp and spring ball. If you woke up from a 10-month nap and read this, you'd be pretty much up to date on everything about the 2014 roster's strengths and weaknesses.

It's sad how far we have fallen. I remember when we were regularly overrated, see 2005. It's like Bama being number 2 with a new QB. Their 2 because their Alabama. I think we are on our way back though.

Last edited:

I'm talking about all of the writers in general, whether it be BR or SI. I think more of us should take these articles with a grain of salt and quit being negavols.

Chill out man. Take a deep breath and think...in 9 days, It's football time in Tennessee!!

Speculation, pure speculation. That's Why the games are played. Some excitement tempered with a dose of reality.

If BR is right, then:

There is virtually no drop off in WR talent from 1-2 deep.
TK may still win Starter spot.
I expect Helms to move up in a few weeks.
3 walk on starters.

If all the predictions were so sure of the outcomes and the Wins and Losses of any team, then why are all bets stopped at the begining of the game? They know as well as anyone, the outcome is never guranteed. So, why can't UT be a >8 win team? if you go in thinking you can't win, then you're already beat. It is ok to believe UT or any other team can win every game......a lot of times teams lose because they "know" they can't win, there are teams that believe they can win every game, and do.........1998, no one thought UT could without Peyton, and I remember a Sugar Bowl game when a team from Miami was heavily favored.........enough said. just believe, even if 118 loses a game, continue to believe. Remember it was the fans that motivated UT to build Neyland, we can help build a great team again by always believing........GO VOLS!!

VN Store

Back