Will "It's Football Time in Tennessee" ever change?

10acvols

Sorry if already discussed, but with a new PA anouncer and out of respect for Bobby Denton would you be in favor of a new catchphase or is " It's Football Time in Tennesse" something that should never change?

IMO it should NEVER be changed, but I could understand a difference of opinion. I'll hang up and listen. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
:eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is........never change it lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
:popcorn:
Sorry if already discussed, but with a new PA anouncer and out of respect for Bobby Denton would you be in favor of a new catchphase or is " It's Football Time in Tennesse" something that should never change?

IMO it should NEVER be changed, but I could understand a difference of opinion. I'll hang up and listen. :hi:

:popcorn:

What do you want to say...... "Boogity boogity boogity, let's go footballin' boys"??

It should never change IMO. Some new things aren't all that good and some traditions just fit.

Reactions: 10 people
What do you want to say...... "Boogity boogity boogity, let's go footballin' boys"??

It should never change IMO. Some new things aren't all that good and some traditions just fit.

I agree 100%. But most all on air talent (radio, TV or Live PA announcers) create and use their own catchphrase. Just wondering if this topic had been discussed. STAY CLASSY VOLNATION! :mf_surrender:

no-no-no.gif

It's Football Time in Tennessee will never change. It is, as others have said, a Tennessee tradition. Some things you don't mess with.

I agree 100%. But most all on air talent (radio, TV or Live PA announcers) create and use their own catchphrase. Just wondering if this topic had been discussed. STAY CLASSY VOLNATION! :mf_surrender:

What outstanding catch phrases has Kesling come up with?

My drunk ass would be laughing so hard if I heard someone yell this over the PA

I'd say that it now transcends PA announcers. Some of these traditions should be looked at as a university treasure. It's not just something we have always done. It's a part of who we are.

VN Store

Back