247 Takes Their Turn Ranking SEC QBs

KBVol

SEC Football: Ranking the Quarterbacks

13. Justin Worley, Tennessee- Worley has a good arm and won the Vols starting job thanks to his command of the offensive system, due to his starting experience. Tennessee has a lot to replace on the offensive line, though, and Worley is a quarterback you HAVE to protect because he isn’t mobile. Obviously, if Tennessee can protect him there is enough talent at receiver for him to be higher.

This is absolutely ridiculous IMHO. He's ranked lower than some QBs who have never taken a snap in the conference and who certainly don't have a win over an eventual top 5 team.

Reactions: 2 people
I concur KB. I think a lot of these individual rankings make the writers look foolish. This one is just crazy. Worsley is by no means a top 4 QB but he is certainly middle of the pack.

Reactions: 1 person
It also seems like they base judgement of the QB on what the offense as a whole is capable of. Which completely contradicts the individual rankings. It would be like saying AJ isn't any good because the defense sucks. Just think if NFL scouts used that same mind set. Teams would be drafted to teams to make teams.

Reactions: 3 people
I have feeling he's going to surprise the crap out of a lot of people this year and show that he's actually a pretty decent QB.

Reactions: 11 people
I concur KB. I think a lot of these individual rankings make the writers look foolish. This one is just crazy. Worsley is by no means a top 4 QB but he is certainly middle of the pack.

I don't even know if he's middle of the pack, but I'd surely put him ahead of Allen and Ky's QB. Hell, why rank him lower than Alabama's Sim/Coker. What the hell has Sims ever done and according to the SEC Network as late as 2 days ago, Coker, who has never taken an SEC snap, apparently can't beat him out. So why would those guys rate higher? At best, you give them an incomplete and put the proven quantity Worley ahead of them IMHO.

Reactions: 4 people
This ranking is absurd! Bo Wallace(a Tennessee boy) is on pace to break all of Eli Manning's passing records and they have him in the middle of the pack?

They have JD of Florida ahead of him at #4. That guy hasn't done anything. SMH

Reactions: 3 people
Worley not mobile? He's not Manziel but he isn't Bray either.

Another shallow effort. Unfortunately that's all it takes to sell these articles and for these guys to keep their jobs.

A manager who was that shallow with facts in a revenue generating function in my company... wouldn't last 3 months.

Good grief. Relax guys. It's just a random pre-season ranking.

If it were possible and you were Butch Jones how many of those QB's ranked ahead of Worley would you trade Worley for?

This ranking is absurd! Bo Wallace(a Tennessee boy) is on pace to break all of Eli Manning's passing records and they have him in the middle of the pack?

They have JD of Florida ahead of him at #4. That guy hasn't done anything. SMH

What are you smoking?
2012 he led the Gators to a record of 10-1 (out for Jack St game). Beat FSU and LSU. Hasn't done anything? Dang.

Was their reasoning about the QB attributes or our O-Line? Seems like it was all about inexperienced O-Line. Bad article.

Weird, another uninformed media member wrote a poor article about the SEC because it will get massive hits for the website and himself.

Why would he care if it strikes up controversy? Why research? Just tell people in the south you're ranking something SEC football related and your page views explode. He won't be held accountable when he's wrong... He will get a bonus when the view count rolls in.

SEC Football: Ranking the Quarterbacks

13. Justin Worley, Tennessee- Worley has a good arm and won the Vols starting job thanks to his command of the offensive system, due to his starting experience. Tennessee has a lot to replace on the offensive line, though, and Worley is a quarterback you HAVE to protect because he isn’t mobile. Obviously, if Tennessee can protect him there is enough talent at receiver for him to be higher.

This is absolutely ridiculous IMHO. He's ranked lower than some QBs who have never taken a snap in the conference and who certainly don't have a win over an eventual top 5 team.

Sounds like they are ranking the OL instead of the QB

I agree but the same thing could be said about fans who put Jalen Hurd ranked higher than RBs that have played in the league. Just an example...... :peace:

Worley not mobile? He's not Manziel but he isn't Bray either.

Another shallow effort. Unfortunately that's all it takes to sell these articles and for these guys to keep their jobs.

A manager who was that shallow with facts in a revenue generating function in my company... wouldn't last 3 months.

That's the difference of being in the real world and the fantasy world the media lives in. They give Pulitzers to plagiarizers and awards to the likes of John Adams because of their agendas, biases and sensationalism. They give plum gigs to people like that POS Finebaum. They are one of the few professions who alienate their customers and are applauded and given accolades by their own circle of jerks. They can be lazy with research and just make up stuff and be applauded for presenting false information (see Dan Rather).

Sorry for the rant.

Not a huge believer in Worley, but he should be above Brandon Allen. And I think Dak is overrated. We'll see.

Man we get chippy before the season opener. That is exactly what gets us to read that stuff every year. They are doing their job, and providing bulletin board material.

Not a huge believer in Worley, but he should be above Brandon Allen. And I think Dak is overrated. We'll see.

I laughed my ass off when the SEC Network seriously talked up Prescott as a Heisman contender. He'll be a Heisman finalist the day President Obama joins the Tea Party.

VN Store

Back