Vol Navy Roll Call

TheGoodStuff

So who is going up for the USU game?

I am planning to but we have other "family" plans until Sunday AM. Anyone think there will be "boat" parking problems arriving 2-3 hours before the game?

Has anything changed on the docks near the stadium?

My boat is too big for the river. I'll take my Chevy instead.

From Vol Navy Boaters Association- VOL Navy Boaters Association | The official online harbor for VOL fans and boating entUusiastTs.

After 3 long years of waiting, the Queen Priscilla just discovered that the VOL Navy Docks have finally been restored to their original configuration. The City of Knoxville and SoUThern Shores deserve a big THANK YOU for getting the job done in time for the 2014 UT Football Season. Go VOLS & Go VOL Navy! Click the image to the left to catch a glimpse of the full length of the upriver end of the docks.

Does anyone know exactly what has changed? I tried to register but still cant view the link until approved.

Not for the opener but plan on this view for the Florida game :dance2:

Attachments

• windows photo viewer wallpaper.jpg
    windows photo viewer wallpaper.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: 3 people
I have only seen and walked around the Vol Navy, never been on one of the vessels. SThe Vol Navy is such a cool thing to see.

And it sure beats the hell out of Washington's "sailgating" experience. :p

one of you mofos needs to send me an invite. I've been to a lot of places in my life, but haven't been on a boat for the Vol Navy pregame or postgame

I'll be boating up for the games. My boat will be loaded with smoked pork and friends. We will dock and pull the cooler of pork to Circle Park. Who wants BBQ?

What are the boat size limits regarding navigability and safety on the river close to the stadium?

Vol Navy is something I eventually want to do, but no idea of the state of the river up and downstream.

What are the boat size limits regarding navigability and safety on the river close to the stadium?

Vol Navy is something I eventually want to do, but no idea of the state of the river up and downstream.
You will see canoes and dingys all the way up to 100+ ft yachts.

TWRA boats will direct you to tie up to boats similar to your size or slightly larger.

Only issue I have seen in years past is the TWRA will only allow boats so far out into the waterway from the docks. I think I read where only about 13 boats are allowed wide per row.

I love how people say "message me" when the private messaging system has been turned off here for like 3 years :)

Reactions: 1 person
I'll be at the game, but the family members that don't go will be manning the Douglas Lake Fleet.

I don't think it is possible.

Its possible but its by way of Egypt.

From Nashville you have to get to Fooreance, AL (if I remember correctly via KY lake/Lake Barkley) and then come up the TN river through Chattanooga.

Just 2 or 3 days? Because that looks the equivalent of taking the Ohio/MS from Paducah to the Gulf of Mexico.

Maybe I lowballed it. Leaving Thursday morning you might be able to make it by Saturday night.

It's about 900 miles probably. 30 hours nonstop at 30 mph.

It's possible but you'd have to book it and you'd still have to get fuel and food so add another 4 hours. You'd have to slow down at certain points so make it an even 40.

It's possible, but you'd have to pilot in shifts and operate at night some which I don't like to do.

Maybe I lowballed it. Leaving Thursday morning you might be able to make it by Saturday night.

It's about 900 miles probably. 30 hours nonstop at 30 mph.

It's possible but you'd have to book it and you'd still have to get fuel and food so add another 4 hours. You'd have to slow down at certain points so make it an even 40.

It's possible, but you'd have to pilot in shifts and operate at night some which I don't like to do.

A google search yielded this site. Says it takes 10 days.

Cruising the Tennessee River

Reactions: 1 person
That site seems to have a slower paced plan, could definitely do it under ten days.

But yeah it's probably going to take at least 6 days reasonably and things out of your control can slow you down.

That site seems to have a slower paced plan, could definitely do it under ten days.

But yeah it's probably going to take at least 6 days reasonably and things out of your control can slow you down.

"Alright ladies let's head to Neyland"

Boating.+stumbled+upon+thought+I+d+share_e4d29b_4061054.gif

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back