T Minus 10 Days for Vol Fans

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
In 10 days, the world will see the fruits of the University of Tennessee's football programs efforts. Butch and his staff have done an amazing job off season creating an atmosphere of respect and pride, none like most of us have ever witnessed. The players, from what we surmise, are putting in yeoman hours to make up for their youth and believe in Butch and their chances of making it to a bowl game.

I have been attending Vol games since 1975 and have seen the VN sit on it's hands too often when the team needed them the most. We have one of the top stadium experiences in the world but, we are not nearly as raucous as many other college football venues.

Vol Fans, before entering Neyland, should, IMO, have to sign a waiver stating that they will work as hard as the players do for 60 minutes. Each fan should stand, turn around, lift their arms in the air and get everyone in their section screaming, yelling, whistling and making noise when the opponents have the ball. Not just on first down, but all four downs of each series of each quarter. Neyland's silence is an incredible inspiration for our opponents and, a tremendous let down to our kids who are out on the field giving it their all for 60 minutes.

Most days I log onto VN, there are 2,000 - 3,000 of us on line here looking for something to do/learn. Can you imagine if this group stormed into Neyland and took ownership of each of the sections we sat in for just 60 minutes? Wouldn't it be great if WE united around our team and put all of our opinions aside for just 60 minutes?

The Vols need us and we need the Vols, and if the VN can make as much noise inside the stadium as this group makes outside the stadium, our opponent will be rattled and our team will absolutely know without a shadow of a doubt that we support them 110%. Go Vols!

Reactions: 9 people
Every fan should have to (get to) slap a "I will give my all for Tennessee today!" sign upon entering Neyland.

Reactions: 3 people
In 10 days, the world will see the fruits of the University of Tennessee's football programs efforts. Butch and his staff have done an amazing job off season creating an atmosphere of respect and pride, none like most of us have ever witnessed. The players, from what we surmise, are putting in yeoman hours to make up for their youth and believe in Butch and their chances of making it to a bowl game.

I have been attending Vol games since 1975 and have seen the VN sit on it's hands too often when the team needed them the most. We have one of the top stadium experiences in the world but, we are not nearly as raucous as many other college football venues.

Vol Fans, before entering Neyland, should, IMO, have to sign a waiver stating that they will work as hard as the players do for 60 minutes. Each fan should stand, turn around, lift their arms in the air and get everyone in their section screaming, yelling, whistling and making noise when the opponents have the ball. Not just on first down, but all four downs of each series of each quarter. Neyland's silence is an incredible inspiration for our opponents and, a tremendous let down to our kids who are out on the field giving it their all for 60 minutes.

Most days I log onto VN, there are 2,000 - 3,000 of us on line here looking for something to do/learn. Can you imagine if this group stormed into Neyland and took ownership of each of the sections we sat in for just 60 minutes? Wouldn't it be great if WE united around our team and put all of our opinions aside for just 60 minutes?

The Vols need us and we need the Vols, and if the VN can make as much noise inside the stadium as this group makes outside the stadium, our opponent will be rattled and our team will absolutely know without a shadow of a doubt that we support them 110%. Go Vols!

I can't remember the school...but I read where some school reached out to its season ticket holders and asked if they would like to be a spirit leader in their sections. Their job to get that section more involved and louder. Some even met with the cheerleaders.
I can't really see this happening at UT. But, who knows....I think it's better than last years failed fisting attempt. :crazy::ermm:

I'll Volunteer to be that guy in section Z13. Can we print 100,000 copies of this post so everyone knows what to do?? Lol. 10 days and dammit I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I can't remember the school...but I read where some school reached out to its season ticket holders and asked if they would like to be a spirit leader in their sections. Their job to get that section more involved and louder. Some even met with the cheerleaders.
I can't really see this happening at UT. But, who knows....I think it's better than last years failed fisting attempt. :crazy::ermm:

Sorry, but NOOO!

I'll Volunteer to be that guy in section Z13. Can we print 100,000 copies of this post so everyone knows what to do?? Lol. 10 days and dammit I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

My seats are in Z14. See you at the games this year. I will be in orange

Can someone design a special VN hat or Tshirt for Section Leaders?? How cool would that be to see VN'ers standing up in each section? Brothers in Arms for sure. And while I know a lot of folks prefer to rag on the Vols, there is a majority of us that really care....

Thanks for taking ownership of your section. And you don't need flyers. Just stand up, turn around and get the people clapping, stomping, screamin and a hollerin. Real UT fans are good at all these but just need some crazy arse section leader to get them motivated.

Can someone design a special VN hat or Tshirt for Section Leaders?? How cool would that be to see VN'ers standing up in each section? Brothers in Arms for sure. And while I know a lot of folks prefer to rag on the Vols, there is a majority of us that really care....

People respond better to someone in apparent authority rather than just some random dude telling everybody to yell.
Who knows, the blue hairs might even get into it.....

I LOVE YOU MAN...:cray::cray:eek:.k. that's enough. :shades:
GO VOLS!

People respond better to someone in apparent authority rather than just some random dude telling everybody to yell.
Who knows, the blue hairs might even get into it.....

I attended the Tony Robinson/Auburn game; Miracle in South Bend game; Syracuse game and Arkansas game and was not and am not anything other than a crazy Tennessee fan who cheered his arse off, and I assure you every Vol fan in my sections got up and out of their seats (within a reasonable distance) when they saw me a hootin' and a hollerin' for our beloved team. I have even started the wave at Neyland numerous times, so every single Vol fan should believe that you can make a difference at each game you attend. GBO!

Wow, I was so caught up in the Syrian thing along with the Ebola thing, palestinian Israeli thing, Isis Thing, Ferguson thing, The beheading thing, Ukraine Russia thing, I didn't realise just ten more days.

I'd buy a VN shirt and wear it to games!

My seats are in Z14. See you at the games this year. I will be in orange

I will look over at both of you guys from z12 and wave. Wave with my hand that is, not that stupid stand up with your hands in the air then sit down wave the young kids do these days. Go Vols.

VN Store

Back