Greatest 150 Players in SC HS Football History (some Vols on the list)

salutethehill

by hatchet, axe, and saw
"The State" is the main Columbia newspaper. I thought this was an interesting list.

The greatest 150 South Carolina high school football players of all-time | High School Sports | The State

The most interesting part is that our current starting QB is #6, ahead of Marcus Lattimore, Stephen Davis, The Fridge, etc.

6. JUSTIN WORLEY, NORTHWESTERN QB

Voted National Gatorade Player of the Year, Worley finished his career at Northwestern with 13,320 yards passing and 156 passing touchdowns in three years as a starter. He led the Trojans to three consecutive 4A title appearances, winning the 2010 state title.

Other Vols on the list:
Corey Miller
Sinclair Cannon
and there may be others I'm missing.

Reactions: 2 people
Several Vols on the list:

Alber Haynesworth
Stanley Morgan
Shaun Ellis
Jonathan Hefney
Robert Ayers

Very impressive list of players.

Reactions: 1 person
Demetrius Summers was an amazing RB. I have no problem with him being number 1. Too bad he couldn't keep his nose clean.

"The State" is the main Columbia newspaper. I thought this was an interesting list.

The greatest 150 South Carolina high school football players of all-time | High School Sports | The State

The most interesting part is that our current starting QB is #6, ahead of Marcus Lattimore, Stephen Davis, The Fridge, etc.

Other Vols on the list:
Corey Miller
Sinclair Cannon
and there may be others I'm missing.

Nice list. Some guys from my HS that should be on the list that did not got to UT. How in the world are these 3 not on the list?:

James Seawright LB from Hillcrest HS, USC jr. and Buffalo Bills starting MLB for 2 yrs till injury.
Thomas Dendy RB Hillcrest HS USC jr. and Denver Broncos.
Travelle Wharton LT Hillcrest HS, LT USC jr. and Carolina Panthers pro bowler.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Nice list. Some guys from my HS that should be on the list that did not got to UT. How in the world are these 3 not on the list?:

James Seawright LB from Hillcrest HS, USC jr. and Buffalo Bills starting MLB for 2 yrs till injury.

Tennesseeduke

The State (newspaper) hates you!

Last edited:

Tennesseeduke

Blue Ridge grad here. Not surprised to see no one from my school on the list.

Latimore isn't top 10?

HS stats are sometimes incorrect, very situational, and the listed Top 10 stats are incomplete, but to put the Top 10 in perspective:

Lattimore had 5830 rushing yards and 67 TDs
Summers had 9076 rushing yards and 120 TDs

Lattimore's TOTAL yards, including receiving and returns, and TDs, doesn't come close to Summers insane RUSHING numbers.

Stephen Davis rushed for 3,984 yards and 56 TDs in 2 years. No 2 years of Lattimore's HS career equaled that.

Last edited:
HS stats are sometimes incorrect, very situational, and the listed Top 10 stats are incomplete, but to put the Top 10 in perspective:

Lattimore had 5830 rushing yards and 67 TDs
Summers had 9076 rushing yards and 120 TDs

Lattimore's TOTAL yards, including receiving and returns, and TDs, doesn't come close to Summers insane RUSHING numbers.

Stephen Davis rushed for 3,984 yards and 56 TDs in 2 years. No 2 years of Lattimore's HS career equaled that.

In Lattimore's defense None of those other schools passed the ball 50 times a game either.

VN Store

Back