UT Vols clearly better, deeper at tight end

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
The Tennessee coaches made upgrading the position a priority and tapped into their Midwestern roots by landing early commitments from Wolf, an Ohio resident who received offers from Alabama and a few Big Ten programs, and Helm, the top-ranked tight end in the 2014 class per Rivals.com, out of Illinois.

UT Vols clearly better, deeper at tight end | Times Free Press

by Patrick Brown

it would be great to see some of UTs tight ends play some good football this year

Reactions: 3 people
We've had some really serviceable tight ends in previous years: Witten, Brown, Cottam, Stocker, Rivera

Last edited:
I think that is the key to the offense being better this year. Having that kind of talent at the TE position will help Worley tremendously and open up the field for the talented WR group

Reactions: 3 people
I think that is the key to the offense being better this year. Having that kind of talent at the TE position will help Worley tremendously and open up the field for the talented WR group

Agreed....surround the kid with talent and hope he can get them the ball!

The future of this position at UT is lining up next to the tackle and in the slot.. A real nightmare for the D.

UT Vols clearly better, deeper at tight end

twss?

we have had a good run in recent history with tight ends, Witten, Stocker et al but don't believe we've had a few at one time. so excited for the season to start to see what we've seen in the offseason transpire on the field.

Reactions: 1 person
We are better at every position, except for OT and possibly punter/kicker

Agreed. I'm more distraught about losing Jujuan James more than Tiny or just about anybody else. James is the most overlooked player we have had at Tennessee in a while. Started every single game since his freshman year and was rock solid and a first round draft pick, yet doesn't get talked about a lot.

Reactions: 2 people
We've had some really serviceable tight ends in previous years: Witten, Brown, Cottam, Stocker, Rivera

Brown was not the height of your ideal tight end!!

Cottam was good but only as a blocker OR maybe Fulmer didn't use him much as a pass catcher. I do recall one touchdown against Kentucky at Commonwealth Stadium one year by Cottam though. He was good enough to make the team at Kansas City for a few years...

VN Store

Back