2004 vs florida replay

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
Its just hard to fathom that its been that long since we beat them. This isn't a "we gonna beat them this year" thread. I just hate as a fan having a losing streak this long to them.

I just heard a couple of familiar sayings in regards to our 2004 O-line...

"new faces on the Tennessee O-line"

"inexperienced, but more athletic and more physical"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Damn, these were the days. No fancy play calling, just simple, I'm going to run it down your throat until you prove you can stop me. I'm optimistic that with the talent that Jones is bringing in we will soon return to our glory days.

Damn, these were the days. No fancy play calling, just simple, I'm going to run it down your throat until you prove you can stop me. I'm optimistic that with the talent that Jones is bringing in we will soon return to our glory days.

Yea I love the way they ate just running it down their throat. Also heard the young comments. Didn't remember all this until I got to watching. Mind is getting older!

Its just hard to fathom that its been that long since we beat them. This isn't a "we gonna beat them this year" thread. I just hate as a fan having a losing streak this long to them.

I wasn't member here last time we beat them. 3 of my 4 children weren't even born the last time we beat Florida. It's starting to make me sick to my stomach.

This streak has got to end. I would honestly take a win over Florida over going to a Bowl this year. Most here will find that crazy and I don't care. I became a Vol in the early 90s and there is no team "not even Bama" I want to beat more than Florida every year.

Reactions: 2 people
I wasn't member here last time we beat them. 3 of my 4 children weren't even born the last time we beat Florida. It's starting to make me sick to my stomach.

This streak has got to end. I would honestly take a win over Florida over going to a Bowl this year. Most here will find that crazy and I don't care. I became a Vol in the early 90s and there is no team "not even Bama" I want to beat more than Florida every year.

I wasn't old enough to drive...

To make things worse, my birthday is September 15th. Do you realize how many birthdays Florida has ruined for me?!?! The streak must end this year.

Reactions: 2 people
I was only 10 then but man do I miss those jerseys! I hope Nike has that power T on the pants.

Big fan of the smokey jerseys as well.

I just heard a couple of familiar sayings in regards to our 2004 O-line...

"new faces on the Tennessee O-line"

"inexperienced, but more athletic and more physical"

That line had Munoz and Sears on it. Not exactly the same situation here.

I graduated high school a few months before this game. Just went to my 10 year reunion. Cant believe its been so long since we beat them

Verne just mangled that Chris Leak story...CJ was a scrub - James Banks gave us a better chance against UGA in '02 and that's why he played...F*** Chris Leak.

VN Store

Back