Butch Jones is my horse if he don't ever win a race

CANNONVOLRUN

...which of course he will and all the negavols will be here to celebrate..."the only thing to fear is fear itself"...there is a lot of pressure on these very young men but i believe and am looking forward to an exciting season of TENNESSEE FOOTBALL!!!.GBO

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
...which of course he will and all the negavols will be here to celebrate..."the only thing to fear is fear itself"...there is a lot of pressure on these very young men but i believe and am looking forward to an exciting season of TENNESSEE FOOTBALL!!!.GBO

With the exception of VN, most people are predicting a struggle for 6-6.

I don't see that as pressure, I see that as exactly where we want to be "pressure-wise"

I usually have pretty solid reading comp. skills, but some Volnation threads are beyond my skills.

tumblr_manxt3CV0U1r76lino1_500.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Freak, Users should answer 3 simple logical questions before they start a thread. You will be able to see if they have the IQ to start one as well as if they are in an inebriated state!!

Dont worry about the criticism Cannon. Just remember that when you post your thoughts on here, all the pseudo-Einsteins on VN think they have to post negative comments. I understood your post and I'm sure a lot of folks do. Shake it off and get back on that horse and ride.

Reactions: 5 people
since when did OP become a Bama fan? he posted a relatively positive thread, showing excitement for upcoming season. And you girls want to quibble about reading comprehension? this guy is a fellow Vol fan.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 5 people
I've opened a lot worse. I also understood the general premise even if it could have been worded diffrently. Save the venom for our enemies.:peace2:

Reactions: 2 people

Yes, Increased pressure from the fans is NOT NEEDED, they understand the situation and have UT FANS WINNING at heart.

So enjoy watching these special young men grow up, working ever so hard at practicing and playing Winning Football.

If some of you geniuses haven't heard the saying "he's my horse if he never wins a race", I suggest you make fun of yourself and not the OP.

Reactions: 3 people
Good effort but the analogy fell short imo. Coach is a horse who even if he don't ever win a race, which he will...lost me a bit.

Butch is a "work horse." Meaning he is a blue collar worker with unmeasurable energy and tenacity, toughness is his first name and nastiness is his last. Nothing can out work or out do a true work horse. Butch is a thoroughbred. He is the standard for all coaches.

I also understood your post Cannon and like you, I’m excited to see the heights coach Jones and these young VOLS lead us.

Sorry. But I am a fan of the University of Tennessee Volunteers football team... not a single player. Not a coach.

I like Jones. I hope he succeeds. If he does... then you might want to get used to the idea that your devotion to him may not be returned. If he doesn't... then we owe him nothing but his paycheck. The program must ALWAYS be bigger than the coach or anyone else.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back