CBJ and his interviews????

gogators13

When you hear CBJ speak does he sound like an everyday coach or an Ivy league coach???

I know he must communicate good with the kids because he is a good recruiter. He's interview seem to be a little different than most coaches because of the verbiage that he uses.

Might be a little nitpick but what are y'all thoughts... ?? Yes, I did used Y'all... :)

When you hear CBJ speak does he sound like an everyday coach or an Ivy league coach???

I know he must communicate good with the kids because he is a good recruiter. He's interview seem to be a little different than most coaches because of the verbiage that he uses.

Might be a little nitpick but what are y'all thoughts... ?? Yes, I did used Y'all... :)

I was for sure this was going to be a Dougie D thread.

Reactions: 1 person

You would rather he act like this?

images

will-muschamp-mad1.gif

Reactions: 26 people
Muschamp looks like he may go postal with a machete one day. Those crazy eyes and that petulant sideline stalk are omens. Book it.

Reactions: 5 people

He's a football coach. I don't care how he communicates---let's put it this way he could say "I am Butch" all the time and it wouldn't make any difference as long as he's recruiting like a boss. Butch uses a lot of coach speak and catch phrases because that's him---doesn't matter how it sounds to us as long as he getting his message through to the football players.

When you hear CBJ speak does he sound like an everyday coach or an Ivy league coach??? I know he must communicate good with the kids because he is a good recruiter. He's interview seem to be a little different than most coaches because of the verbiage that he uses. Might be a little nitpick but what are y'all thoughts... ?? Yes, I did used Y'all... :)
Butch Jones sounds like a winner! Know why? Because his wins double his losses, he is one!

I'm not trying to make this CBJ vs CWM.... Butch has a different style and you can even compare to previous UT coaches....

Muschamp tries very hard to convince people that he's just super passionate and intense because he wants to win so bad when in reality he looks like clown and a dope.

I'm not trying to make this CBJ vs CWM.... Butch has a different style and you can even compare to previous UT coaches....

Hopefully his style includes winning. Not shower discipline. Not the USC of the East. Not waiting to review the film and then working like heck.

That said, I agree he has a different approach with the media. The difference to me it seems he uses it as an opportunity to motivate his players to get better without crushing them in public. And to build up the university. And not to stroke his own ego.

Hopefully his style includes winning. Not shower discipline. Not the USC of the East. Not waiting to review the film and then working like heck.

That said, I agree he has a different approach with the media. The difference to me it seems he uses it as an opportunity to motivate his players to get better without crushing them in public. And to build up the university. And not to stroke his own ego.

Some want to make this negative... I have played for several coaches including college. Just notice he has a different style....

My perception of the images other UT coaches tried to sell:

Dooley: I'm the smartest guy in the room. In fact, I'm better than all you guys. I might not have much success yet, but I'm going to outsmart you on "the process"

Kiffin: I'm the s**t! I'm flashy. I'm west coast and can sell this trashy rural program to the elite. Look at the staff around me!! Look at my wife!! You know you all want to be me.

Fulmer: I'm a good ole TN boy. I fit in around here like the old wallpaper. I'm trustworthy. Your kids are in good hands. We put in an honest days work for an honest days pay. We carry lunch buckets to the office. (Fulmer worked well...he just got a bit complacent and felt accepted as if the job was now his right)

Just dc_vol's opinion.

Reactions: 2 people
I've noticed it too. He's an exceptional public speaker. His interviews are a little dry, likely on purpose. He's quite animated in practice and will not hesitate to crawl up someone's ass on gameday, be that a player or a referee whose call he disagrees with.

His usage of the English language is somewhat George Bush-like in that he'll occasionally bend words to do things they hadn't previously done, but that primarily happens in interviews when he's more occupied by attempting to say a lot while saying nothing at all.

CBJ is a motivator. If you notice his opening remarks for all pressers are short. He opens it up for questions from the media. He answers all questions with open honesty. He doesn't divulge any information unless specifically asked.

Is it the Verbiage difference or scripted???? Neither is bad ....

I haven't picked up on it, so I cannot say. I hear a lot if the same "coach speak" like most others do. I only notice a difference in the subtleties of his message and delivery. But jury still out.

VN Store

Back