Four things I'm waiting to see the 1st game.

Bvols48

1. Attendance - Is it a packed house and how loud they are.

2. Offense - 1st series to the 2nd series. Don't expect the 1st one to show a lot with 1st game nerves and getting into the game.

3. Defense - Are they reacting to the ball and adjusting to the flow of the game. Also how well special teams are playing.

4. Fourth Quarter - Either winning or losing (I expect winning) how well the team is reacting.

Feel free to add to the list.

Days are really dragging by. GO VOLS

Reactions: 8 people
1st game of the season on Sunday night with the next day being Labor Day. Anything less than a sellout would be a disappointment.

Reactions: 6 people
Not worried much about our passing offense, I wanna see us pound it between the tackles.

Reactions: 6 people
If the team has the "killer" instincts to put this team away when they have the opportunity.

Reactions: 2 people
On Offense:
1. No sacks allowed by the OLine
2. Open holes for the RBs
3. Ball in the hands of the playmakers
4. No stupid mistakes

On Defense:
1. Sacks and pressure on the QB in general
2. Blitzing
3. Stopping the run
4. No stupid mistakes

Special Teams
1. Consistency in kicking and punting
2. Good coverage on both
3. +20 yards on every return
4. No stupid mistakes

Reactions: 21 people
How Worley looks against sub par competition.

I'm optimistic about the opener and the season, However, I think you can not classify USU sub par competition. They ended the season in the top 25 and have a top rate QB returning. I think they will be a good test for our young team and will provide a yardstick for how we will play this season. I expect to win and it could be by 14-21 points, but to call them sub par at this point of the season seems a bit much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I m optimistic about the opener and the season, However, I think you can not classify USU sub par competition. They ended the season in the top 25 and have a top rate QB returning. I think they will be a good test for our young team and will provide a yardstick for how we will play this season. I expect to win and it could be by 14-21 points, but to call them sub par at this point of the season seems a bit much.

wrong

Reactions: 1 person
I m optimistic about the opener and the season, However, I think you can not classify USU sub par competition. They ended the season in the top 25 and have a top rate QB returning. I think they will be a good test for our young team and will provide a yardstick for how we will play this season. I expect to win and it could be by 14-21 points, but to call them sub par at this point of the season seems a bit much.

Their secondary is depleted. They wont be able to contain our WRs, Worley will just need to make the throws.

On Offense:
4. No stupid mistakes

On Defense:
2. Blitzing
3. Stopping the run
4. No stupid mistakes

Special Teams
2. Good coverage on both
4. No stupid mistakes

Great list. Just one add. Contain athletes like Keeton in broken field plays.

Reactions: 2 people
With all of the young players that will see the field I'll be interested to see if the team has more or fewer penalties than last season. Last year, UT was pretty disciplined as far as penalties go.

Reactions: 3 people
Penetration......no not that kind.

Defensive penetration. I want to see if our line can get some push and get USU's O-line on their heels

1. Attendance - Is it a packed house and how loud they are.

2. Offense - 1st series to the 2nd series. Don't expect the 1st one to show a lot with 1st game nerves and getting into the game.

3. Defense - Are they reacting to the ball and adjusting to the flow of the game. Also how well special teams are playing.

4. Fourth Quarter - Either winning or losing (I expect winning) how well the team is reacting.

Feel free to add to the list.

Days are really dragging by. GO VOLS

1. Attendance: I think Neyland will be absolutely packed! Assuming people are not too hung over from Booms Day. I know this is far and away from being one of our most hyped season, but I can't remember being this excited. We get to see the future with all of the incoming players we had from our last recruiting class. However, I'm more excited to see what kind of job CBJ and staff has done in getting us ready. I honestly believe he will bring us back, we will see how good of a coach he is this season.

2. Offense: I'm with you here, it will be very vanilla with a couple trick plays. The last thing we want to do is put too much on Worley and him have a poor start. The skill players are there on offense, but how good can our OL be in game 1?

3. Defense: Curt Maggitt. I know he's got an ankle injury, but from what I've read he should be good to go by game 1. I am dying to see some opposing QBs get the absolute **** knocked out of them and I think he's our guy. I'm optimistic about our D this year if we can stay healthy on the line and our offense doesn't got 3 and out over and over again.

4. Fourth Quarter: The difference between last year and Dooley's tenure was night and day IMO. While we were not consistent enough in the fourth quarter, we actually showed fight in several games and didn't quit.

Is it Sunday yet??

With all of the young players that will see the field I'll be interested to see if the team has more or fewer penalties than last season. Last year, UT was pretty disciplined as far as penalties go.

The team as a whole yes, but Tiny didn't get the memo. Or was that the last year we had Doofus?

On Offense:
4. No stupid mistakes

On Defense:
2. Blitzing
3. Stopping the run
4. No stupid mistakes

Special Teams
2. Good coverage on both
4. No stupid mistakes

NO Stupid Mistakes, I really like this one!!!

This. Whether you are drinking the orange kool-aid or not, we aren't going to be in any position to be giving away yards. I think more than a few of our games could come down to this.

VN Store

Back