DT Trevarris Saulsberry

tennesseeduke

Tennessee football coach Butch Jones is optimistic that the left knee injury defensive tackle Trevarris Saulsberry sustained during last Saturday’s open practice at Neyland Stadium won’t sideline the redshirt junior for the season.
“It could be a few days to a week for him,” Jones said Monday.
Injuries, including knee problems, have plagued the 6-foot-4, 297-pound defensive tackle throughout his college career. He’s been able to play in just four games each of the past two seasons.
“He re-aggravated his knee,” Jones said. “But we don’t anticipate him being gone for the season. It will just depend on how his body heals.”
Saulsberry had been competing with Danny O’Brien and Owen Williams for meaningful reps along UT’s defensive front.
“He has been playing great football,” defensive end Jordan Williams said. “He stepped up. He has been out there balling. We need him back.”
Jones was already uneasy about the defensive tackle position. That anxiety has grown.
“It’s a great concern, and we have to get some individuals to step up,” he said.
Saulsberry, on crutches, attended Monday’s practice.

Good news as we will need him!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 1 person
This makes me feel better, seeing him on the field Sat look pretty serious. Glad to hear hes going to be ok. Still thought it was funny when CBJ looked at him and said "Get up!" lol

Tennessee football coach Butch Jones is optimistic that the left knee injury defensive tackle Trevarris Saulsberry sustained during last Saturday’s open practice at Neyland Stadium won’t sideline the redshirt junior for the season.
Injuries, including knee problems, have plagued the 6-foot-4, 297-pound defensive tackle throughout his college career. He’s been able to play in just four games each of the past two seasons.
“He re-aggravated his knee,” Jones said. “But we don’t anticipate him being gone for the season. It will just depend on how his body heals.”
Saulsberry had been competing with Danny O’Brien and Owen Williams for meaningful reps along UT’s defensive front.
“He has been playing great football,” defensive end Jordan Williams said. “He stepped up. He has been out there balling. We need him back.”
Jones was already uneasy about the defensive tackle position. That anxiety has grown.
“It’s a great concern, and we have to get some individuals to step up,” he said.

Tennesseeduke

Combined with this most recent set back, I'm feeling like we will be lucky to get much out of Saulsberry. Just seems like one of those injury prone guys that is hard to keep on the field. Hope I'm wrong...

Not to hijack the thread but Hurd is on the front page of MSN as one of their "Which freshmen can win the Heistman" article.

Reactions: 2 people
Unfortunately TS has had bad luck with injuries, we need him in the rotation. Good luck and stay healthy Trevarris. :thumbsup:

Tennesseeduke

Put all those statements together. He's been playing great and has really stepped up. And that has him battling for any meaningful snaps. Bodes well for the DL.

:good!:

Great news about T Saulsberry. I just wish that Freak would drop the ban hammer on the guy that claimed to be one of his Doctors and said it was torn ACL/MCL.

Reactions: 3 people
Not to hijack the thread but Hurd is on the front page of MSN as one of their "Which freshmen can win the Heistman" article.

I think you just did! FYI... I Hope Hurd doesn't win the HEISTMAN, I think Janzen Jackson has that award right now!

:dance2:

Tennesseeduke

Great news about T Saulsberry. I just wish that Freak would drop the ban hammer on the guy that claimed to be one of his Doctors and said it was torn ACL/MCL.

I thought that the other thread said that he had.

If nothing else, cbowlingmd was going to tear him a new one. :)

Why, is the troll still posting today?

One of the other mods dealt with him. He's history. :hi:

Reactions: 9 people
Thanks Freak for your efforts to keep the malicious off VN. We can be critical of some of the posters and OPs who exaggerate, pump sunshine, complain and pick fights with each other, but this is my main source for Vol news. As the "official" media is trending toward less fact checking, more sensationalism and downright inaccuracies to feed their agendas I am relying more on VN to get my news. I know it's "reader beware', but you guys do a great job.

Thanks Freak for your efforts to keep the malicious off VN. We can be critical of some of the posters and OPs who exaggerate, pump sunshine, complain and pick fights with each other, but this is my main source for Vol news. As the "official" media is trending toward less fact checking, more sensationalism and downright inaccuracies to feed their agendas I am relying more on VN to get my news. I know it's "reader beware', but you guys do a great job.
Appreciate it. We're happy to have you around. :hi:

Dear friends, Tennessee Volunteers, beloved celestials, yes we heard about the gathering on Vol Nation, and we gathered, at the gathering, of Volunteer forces. Thanks to Freak for getting it started and keeping out the filth. I know I speak for everybody when I say we expreciate it profusely.

Not to mention if he really were his doc and released that info it is a HIPPA violation and that guy should have been fined a couple hundred thousand by the federal government.

And no, I didn't say anything about a hippo :)

Image000.bmp

VN Store

Back