Hurd evokes memories of Titans great

kamoshika

922e4d492bd0d82d10ddc230765bbe7d.jpg

Considering his hometown, his stature and his position of choice, the player Jalen Hurd most relates to is no surprise.

“There’s not really anybody I compare myself to because I like to think I’m my own person and they’re their own person, but somebody that I really idolized was Eddie George,” he said.

“To be a guy with that build and to play that long, he took a lot of impact on the field and pushed through it and stayed healthy and just kept running and getting yards. That’s amazing.”

Vols' Hurd evokes memories of Titans great | Johnson City Press

Reactions: 3 people
What I remember about ole' Eddie was when we played tosu in the bowl game and CPF pulled out the soccer cleats and our defense laid the wood the Heisman Trophy winning Eddie George till he cried " No Mas" and pulled himself out of the game because we were making him and tosu look so bad. He almost never got out of the backfield that day. I can not wait till we return to the days of whipping our opponents till they want out of the game. GBO VFL IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!

Reactions: 12 people
Eddie George was slow and got owned by Bill Duff. I hope he is much better than Fast Eddie ever thought about being.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't get me wrong, the guy wasn't a bad player. Just never thought he was as good as he was hyped up to be.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't get me wrong, the guy wasn't a bad player. Just never thought he was as good as he was hyped up to be.

Got to disagree 10,441 rushing yards 68tds, 268 receptions, 2,227 receiving yards 10tds

George is only the second NFL running back to rush for 10,000 yards while never missing a start, joining Jim Brown. Only Walter Payton (170) started more consecutive regular-season games than George’s 130

Had a great NFL career and was one of the main reasons we got to the Superbowl in 99

Reactions: 18 people

Career highlights and awards

NCAA

Consensus All-American (1995)
Heisman Trophy (1995)
Walter Camp Award (1995)
Maxwell Award (1995)
Doak Walker Award (1995)
Jim Brown Award (1995)
Ohio State Buckeyes #27 retired
College Football Hall of Fame inductee (2011)

NFL

1996 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (AP, PFWA, NEA)
4× Pro Bowl (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000)
AP First-Team All-Pro (2000)
AP Second-Team All-Pro (1999)
10,000 Rushing Yards Club

I think most people would consider that a "decent" career.

Reactions: 15 people
Career highlights and awards

NCAA

Consensus All-American (1995)
Heisman Trophy (1995)
Walter Camp Award (1995)
Maxwell Award (1995)
Doak Walker Award (1995)
Jim Brown Award (1995)
Ohio State Buckeyes #27 retired
College Football Hall of Fame inductee (2011)

NFL

1996 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (AP, PFWA, NEA)
4× Pro Bowl (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000)
AP First-Team All-Pro (2000)
AP Second-Team All-Pro (1999)
10,000 Rushing Yards Club

I think most people would consider that a "decent" career.

He was always a leader on and off the field too. We can only hope that Jalen does for us what Eddie did for Ohio State and Tennessee

Reactions: 6 people
Anyway, he does seem to have a similar style running style to George. Very upright. Just hope that doesn't hurt him in college, being so tall.

He seems much faster, also.

We obviously have some Eddie lovers and hardcore Titans fans here. It's all good.

I was about to say, I'm sure Titans fans remember him differently than others who just remember him as an Ohio State back that played in the NFL.

Was George as fast as Hurd?

I was about to say, I'm sure Titans fans remember him differently than others who just remember him as an Ohio State back that played in the NFL.

Was George as fast as Hurd?

He always seemed terribly slow to me. But he was strong and had that knack to always lean and fall forward to gain that extra 2-3 yards.

He always seemed terribly slow to me. But he was strong and had that knack to always lean and fall forward to gain that extra 2-3 yards.

One link I found says 4.47. Not sure how accurate, though.

One link I found says 4.47. Not sure how accurate, though.

He was deceptively fast. I remember the big runs he broke against Indy and Jacksonville during our 99 playoff run. He made those secondaries look that they where running in sand.

Jalen is faster however imo. If he ends up having the strength and most of all vision that Eddie had then it isn't a stretch to say that we may end up having a legit Heisman contender

Reactions: 2 people
He was deceptively fast. I remember the big runs he broke against Indy and Jacksonville during our 99 playoff run. He made those secondaries look that they where running in sand.

Jalen is faster however imo. If he ends up having the strength and most of all vision that Eddie had then it isn't a stretch to say that we may end up having a legit Heisman contender

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaP1g2Ccsg[/youtube]

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back