Butch Jones grants fan's wish

Continues to impress everyday. We are lucky to have him.. BTW.. Maggitt has pythons growing from his shoulders

Reactions: 4 people
That is a really awesome story. I also liked the one comment from a Bammer even. Hang in there Ray.

I wonder if there are any pictures of the fishing pole floating around.

Nice jester by the guy to give Butch a fishing pole. I sure hope BJ starts winning soon cause I'd sure like to see him retire at UT.

Reactions: 2 people
OP, thanks for sharing.

What a great gesture by both parties. Both made an impact on each other.

Best of luck to you, Mr. Guthrie.

Best wishes Mr. Guthrie.

You forget just how big football players are until you see them next to a regular size person.

Reactions: 1 person
We have a great ambassador and one hell of a decent man as our football coach. Hope he is the representative of our University and Football program for many years.

All the time you see coaches grant wishes for people but don't seem that into it. You can tell that Butch genuinely cares about people and develops a personal connection. Good luck to you Mr. Guthrie, we're all pulling for you. Butch is going to bring us a national championship soon and you'll be here to see it

All the time you see coaches grant wishes for people but don't seem that into it. You can tell that Butch genuinely cares about people and develops a personal connection. Good luck to you Mr. Guthrie, we're all pulling for you. Butch is going to bring us a national championship soon and you'll be here to see it

My only concern is that an opening elsewhere will be offered to bUTch, such as Michigan or Florida and he will take it. Otherwise, I know we will be in contention for the NCAA Championship before long.

The article was inspiring and very moving and a great insight into the characters of Butch and Ray. Like the many other VFLs , occasions like this make me proud to be an unwavering Vol. Good luck to VFL Ray Guthrie and his family. :3083yourock:

CBJ is one class act................just think of what he is teaching his football kids about life and how to be men.

Wow. Great story OP. And hits home too.

I was diagnosed w exact same cancer this summer in a routine physical. Tough 50th bday present. Only mine was stage 1 and surgery "got it all". Had the doc not noticed it on my leg, next year I would probably be exactly where this guy is. MM is super fast spreading and lethal.

Thankful for myself. But, it's given me a lot more sympathy for the folks like this @ nearly incurable stage 4. Praying that he stomps this stuff in the ground and survives to see the Vols for 25 more years!

Class act by Jones to bring this man in like this.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think I've ever wanted a coach to succeed as much as I do CBJ. And prayers for Mr. Guthrie.

Fade I feel the same way. CBJ could not be a better person and I wish him nothing but success. And of course, prayers for Mr. Guthrie.

VN Store

Back