• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Undefeated and Tied for First..........

vol81

is exactly where we are right now! You have to believe to achieve, so as a fanbase, I challenge the entire Volnation to get behind these young men 100% no matter what happens. Keep the positive energy flowing.....

Its going to be fun watching this young talented group grow and mature.

Reactions: 8 people
is exactly where we are right now! You have to believe to achieve, so as a fanbase, I challenge the entire Volnation to get behind these young men 100% no matter what happens. Keep the positive energy flowing.....

I don't think trying to be realistic is necessarily negative, especially a fan base that has been through so much in the past decade. But you're right, it's always fun to start a new season with a clean slate where the possibilities are endless.

One of these years our guys are going to come out and surprise some people. This year would be as good as any.

Reactions: 6 people
I for one would love to a UT team that overachieved. We have certainly seen our share of underachievement the last 15 yrs. We are kinda due. Butch has done a good job I think of changing the mindset and washing the Dooley stank off the program. Will be fun to see. GO VOLS!

I for one would love to a UT team that overachieved. We have certainly seen our share of underachievement the last 15 yrs. We are kinda due. Butch has done a good job I think of changing the mindset and washing the Dooley stank off the program. Will be fun to see. GO VOLS!

The overachieving teams which begin the season with low expectations are always the most fun, in my opinion.

Reactions: 4 people

YES, FVFL...f*****g Vol for Life. That is how all of us should feel. We are on the way up.

I don't think trying to be realistic is necessarily negative, especially a fan base that has been through so much in the past decade. But you're right, it's always fun to start a new season with a clean slate where the possibilities are endless.

One of these years our guys are going to come out and surprise some people. This year would be as good as any.

Being realistic is one thing, but being unnecessarily negative is another.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm with Freak. Eventually UT will rise and shock the world...like we did in '89, after a 5-6 '88 campaign. 25 years later would have a nice symmetry. We'll see...just enjoy the ride. The season doesn't last long, so don't wish it away.

Reactions: 1 person
We have one of the longest streaks going for starting the season tied for first and undefeated!

Reactions: 3 people
Being realistic is one thing, but being unnecessarily negative is another.

The truth eludes most in America today

Nobody wants the truth. They want raindows and skittles and fluffy puppies. That's why we see so many lose it when reality all of a sudden slaps them in the face.

VN Store

Back