How many rushing yards for Hurd?

Over9000.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
I think we can really attack Utah State in the air seems they have a lot of new people in the secondary. I think North is gonna have a huge day Worley throws three touchdown passes and gets 300 yards. Their front seven is tough. I think we probably run it 35 times Hurd getting about 15 carries and 65 yards and a touchdown. Lane 20 for 83 and a touchdown. Tennessee 38 Utah State 24.

Reactions: 1 person
Im going to say 12 carries for 127 yards. Why? Because I think he will bust out a huge chunk on a 65-70 yard carry. And have another for around 20.

Reactions: 1 person
No matter how good Hurd might be. It all depends on the OL, TE, and WRs.

Who's playing TE? Last I heard it might be a FR and not an easy position for a Fr.

Obviously Lane will get the start and bulk carries with Hurd in trough out to keep him fresh, BUT what if we are up 10-21 in the third and fourth and Butch starts to really run the clock, Hurd picks up an additional 10 carries and 40 yards to get to the 70 or 80 yard mark.

If this happens to you, senior VN posters, do you feel it signals Hurd is and can be an SEC back since the strength most fans and football heads think outside of Chuckie is going to be their front 7 and stopping the run as many have illustrated is USUs wheel house? If Hurd gets to 75, I would imagine Lane with have 100 and Worley will throw for at least 200... I guess the ultimate question is does the front 7 of USU compare to an SEC front 7 overall?

Obviously Lane will get the start and bulk carries with Hurd in trough out to keep him fresh, BUT what if we are up 10-21 in the third and fourth and Butch starts to really run the clock, Hurd picks up an additional 10 carries and 40 yards to get to the 70 or 80 yard mark.

If this happens to you, senior VN posters, do you feel it signals Hurd is and can be an SEC back since the strength most fans and football heads think outside of Chuckie is going to be their front 7 and stopping the run as many have illustrated is USUs wheel house? If Hurd gets to 75, I would imagine Lane with have 100 and Worley will throw for at least 200... I guess the ultimate question is does the front 7 of USU compare to an SEC front 7 overall?

:blink:

I think if UT is only up 11 in the second half, barring injury starters will see more time than backups at every position.

NO!

I wonder who holds the record for the most rushing yards by a true freshman in a season opener?

VN Store

Back