Will Hurd or Lane get the start on 31-Aug

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
And no, I don't mean at TE and RB respectively.

Appears Hurd is the anti-Bryce Brown and is the real deal. He's an EE and is having a special fall camp for a freshman. He's clearly pushing Lane for the start.

I think the senior will start on 31-Aug but they will share a lot of reps. I think Lane is going to have to break some big plays in games and show big play potential early and often to keep the starting position. If Hurd spells him and displays big play potential with the lights on, it won't be long before he gets 20 per game.

It's been as exciting a Fall camp as any in recent memory watching all this young talent develop. When we get a healthy, deep and talented DL, look out SEC and NCAA.

Reactions: 2 people
100% chance Lane starts. Hurd will get his carries, but he's a freshman and still has a lot to learn. I think Lane is going to impress some people. Lane has the shifty moves, but can also lower the pad level and power through tackles

Reactions: 7 people
Lane will start but the carries will be even at least for the entire season and Hurd could carry it more.

Appears Hurd is the anti-Bryce Brown and is the real deal. He's an EE and is having a special fall camp for a freshman. He's clearly pushing Lane for the start.

I think the senior will start on 31-Aug but they will share a lot of reps. I think Lane is going to have to break some big plays in games and show big play potential early and often to keep the starting position. If Hurd spells him and displays big play potential with the lights on, it won't be long before he gets 20 per game.

It's been as exciting a Fall camp as any in recent memory watching all this young talent develop. When we get a healthy, deep and talented DL, look out SEC and NCAA.

I don't agree with you a lot...but when I do...it's now. :yess:

Lane will start and when the defense starts to tire, Hurd will come in and smash thru the line and take it 63 yds to score. Then the remaining 50 minutes will be Lane, Hurd, Scott, Pickett, Young doing more of the same. Instead of running back by committee it will be running back by "Hurd". If the "Runnin' Hurd" gets tired then Worley Bird will throw to North, Malone, Pearson, Croom, Johnson, Smith, Wolf, Helm, Ellis, and Creamer. Sure I left some people out. All I can say to the thought of all the young weapons on offense is Holy Spit! Going to be interesting year I think.

Reactions: 2 people
Lane has been our best back for the last couple of years. IMO

Agreed. I think Lane should start the opening game. No need to put that pressure on Hurd as a true freshman. He needs to stay healthy for the next 3 years. Hurd is a special player and the type of running back that comes along, like what once a decade for us?

Lane, I was impressed how he hit the hole so quickly. As CBJ said he has changed him body and mind to show out at practice, I believe it now how the multiple players pressing for playing time is making the TEAM BETTER.

Reactions: 1 person
Lane, I was impressed how he hit the hole so quickly. As CBJ said he has changed him body and mind to show out at practice, I believe it now how the multiple players pressing for playing time is making the TEAM BETTER.
It would appear that CBJ knows what he's talking about. All that coach speak has a purpose.

Tee Martin wouldn't start him, because he is too soft!!!!

VN Store

Back