Does Maggitt lack football durability?

andymuffins

It's a legitimate question and I'm not interested in getting flamed for it.

I love the kid. He's well spoken, represents the University well, he has great football tenacity and is a wonderful teammate.

Since he's been here though he's been banged up almost the entire time. Has he went more than a month or two without being injured in some capacity? Other than a few days early in fall camp he's been limited this season as well.

How much can this team truly rely on his presence?

I love the kid. He's well spoken, represents the University well, he has great football tenacity and is a wonderful teammate.

Since he's been here though he's been banged up almost the entire time. Has he went more than a month or two without being injured in some capacity? Other than a few days early in fall camp he's been limited this season as well.

How much can this team truly rely on his presence?

:popcorn:

Reactions: 7 people
you are gonna get torched but it is a fair question due to his history.

I am hoping it was just bad luck but this season will be the tell.

Reactions: 3 people

animated_Fire.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Turf toe, ACL, and now possible high ankle sprain. Legitimate question but I think unanswered. If the boot and limited practice right now is really precautionary and he plays the majority of this year and possibly/likely next and has no more serious issues that keep him out several complete games then maybe you just chalk it up to bad luck.

If he has to constantly have limited snaps throughout the rest if his career or another big setback then the answer has to be yes.

Dumb question. This isn't madden. Players don't have an injury rating. Injuries are 90% luck and 10% strength and conditioning.

Dumb question. This isn't madden. Players don't have an injury rating. Injuries are 90% luck and 10% strength and conditioning.

NFL player just retired because his body was not made for football and he could be paralyzed by one hit.

so didn't a hall of fame Dallas cowboy wr back in the day....Michael something ...my mind can't remember his last name.

point is...bone density does become a factor in a sport like football. u can't condition bones and tendons.

NFL player just retired because his body was not made for football and he could be paralyzed by one hit.

so didn't a hall of fame Dallas cowboy wr back in the day....Michael something ...my mind can't remember his last name.

point is...bone density does become a factor in a sport like football. u can't condition bones and tendons.

So did the FB from uga

Players can build muscles on top of muscles. They are stronger than horses, and they can start, stop, and cut. However, their joints, tendons, and ligaments are no stronger than those of a 90-pound weakling. A player who really gets after it literally has the strength to rip his body to pieces.

I would be surprised if he makes it past the first game. Dude either has the worst luck or is simply football durable challenged.

You can absolutely improve bone density and ligamentous/tendinous thickness and strength (up to a point) with high impact exercise and nutrition.

Doesn't mean some people aren't genetically and physiologically more prone to injury to these though

Players can build muscles on top of muscles. They are stronger than horses, and they can start, stop, and cut. However, their joints, tendons, and ligaments are no stronger than those of a 90-pound weakling. A player who really gets after it literally has the strength to rip his body to pieces.

I don't believe this at all. The ratio and leverage exerted on them is higher as the muscles become larger but the connective tissues increase as well, just not necessarily in proportion. They are not as thin as a 90 pound weakling

Actually heavy lifting has been shown to improve bone density. And I would need to read up on this player who claims his body wasn't made for football. Doesn't make sense.

I don't believe this at all. The ratio and leverage exerted on them is higher as the muscles become larger but the connective tissues increase as well, just not necessarily in proportion. They are not as thin as a 90 pound weakling

A phrase that is becoming more and more commonplace in football is, "It was a non-contact injury.". Players are doing it to themselves. Compare Curt's weight to the offensive linemen on the 1951 NCs.

JMO, but I think when a guy goes as hard as this kid does no matter if it's practice or a game you are bound to get dinged up. He flies around and tries to punish people and in the process has suffered some injuries due to his style of play and tenacity. I hope he stays somewhat healthy this year because with our schedule we definitely need him and his leadership out on the field.

you can increase your bone density to a certain point but it is a very fine line.

the reason a weightlifters neck gets thicker is because the strain being put in the spine. some people are also big boned and some small.

just go to any body building show and
you can see 190 at the same height isn't
always the same build.

lattimore I think is a prime example of a Guy whose body could not handle
hits...He would have been a hall of famer too.

you can increase your bone density to a certain point but it is a very fine line.

the reason a weightlifters neck gets thicker is because the strain being put in the spine. some people are also big boned and some small.

just go to any body building show and you can see 190 at the same height isn't always the same build.

lattimore I think is a prime example of a Guy whose body could not handle hits...He would have been a hall of gamer too.

Lattimore is under 6ft and over 200lbs. I think he can handle hits.

VN Store

Back