Dobbs needs to be the starter

VOLorNuttin

...for this offense to really thrive. Under normal circumstances, I'd go with seniority/experience....and thus Worley, but Dobbs lets this offense open up, full-throttle.

Was reading this article, by Fox Sports, about Freshmen who could contend for the Heisman.
Cory McCartney: Frosh Perspective: First-year players that could vie for Heisman Trophy | FOX Sports

LSU's Fournette was one of them; Hurd was another. But the problem here is, not only do we have a new front 5 on the OL, but playing Worley allows defenses to really key in on Hurd.

Dobbs is our best chance to keep defenses honest, off balance and always guessing. So, if all things are relatively equal among the QB's, in the passing game....Dobbs has to be the starter.

The way I look at it is this...Dobbs, hands down, looked the best in the Spring. Did he separate himself in practice, before that? Probably not. But, again, in a game environment, he easily looked the best. Give him the starting nod, and if he struggles a lot, then you can put Worley or Peterman in.

Reactions: 14 people
Hasn't dobbs been somewhat struggling over the course of camp so far? Just because he's more mobile doesn't make him our best option. Its gonna be Worley anyways, so no matter.

I don't care who we play at QB as long as we win games. Although my sources say Hurd is getting better and better and better at QB.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll trust the coaches.. They have more riding on this than any of us.
Nobody is saying we should be making the decisions for the staff, genius. :loco: This is a FAN forum....we all give our opinions here. Hello? Welcome to the internet?

Reactions: 7 people
...for this offense to really thrive. Under normal circumstances, I'd go with seniority/experience....and thus Worley, but Dobbs lets this offense open up, full-throttle.

Was reading this article, by Fox Sports, about Freshmen who could contend for the Heisman.
Cory McCartney: Frosh Perspective: First-year players that could vie for Heisman Trophy | FOX Sports

LSU's Fournette was one of them; Hurd was another. But the problem here is, not only do we have a new front 5 on the OL, but playing Worley allows defenses to really key in on Hurd.

Dobbs is our best chance to keep defenses honest, off balance and always guessing. So, if all things are relatively equal among the QB's, in the passing game....Dobbs has to be the starter.

The way I look at it is this...Dobbs, hands down, looked the best in the Spring. Did he separate himself in practice, before that? Probably not. But, again, in a game environment, he easily looked the best. Give him the starting nod, and if he struggles a lot, then you can put Worley or Peterman in.

Reactions: 18 people
With all the ballers that we are going to have on the field why do we need to worry about the qb rushing yards?

Rumor is Dobbs will likely be third string and will primarily focus on putting the eye black above his eyes versus under so he can have some sweet eyebrows.

Reactions: 20 people
Nobody is saying we should be making the decisions for the staff, genius. :loco: This is a FAN forum....we all give our opinions here. Hello? Welcome to the internet?

Yep, let's start the guy who doesn't give us the best chance of winning -- as evidenced by his past performances and all reportable observations from practices.

That's a great idea.

Reactions: 4 people
The QB which limits his mistakes and can manage the offense with consistency is the one I want. There isn't a QB on the roster that is going to rewrite the UT single season record books...so make the most out of what we have and distribute the ball to those with the abilities for the big gains.

With all the ballers that we are going to have on the field why do we need to worry about the qb rushing yards?
This offense is generally predicated on the Read Option, even though they have shown they can adapt it. With Worley, teams can discount him as a legit running threat. We saw last year. He's good for maybe one run all game long. Knowing that, and knowing he doesn't have much mobility, DE's can crash down 100% of the time on the runner, and the whole front 7 can focus on the TB.

He might be slightly more consistent in the passing game, in practice, but unless there is a big gap between them, I hope CBJ give Dobbs the job.

Reactions: 9 people
With WR's being,by far, our strength on offense and a threat to score from anywhere on the field you think we should start our weakest passing QB? Makes a lot of sense to no one.:no1:

VFE

Reactions: 5 people
He'll he lucky to be 3rd string.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer aftet this season.

Reactions: 5 people
Yep, let's start the guy who doesn't give us the best chance of winning -- as evidenced by his past performances and all reportable observations from practices.

That's a great idea.
He was reported to have had a few rough practices all camp long. Folks like you look at those few reports and assume that means he sucks and out of the race for the job. Not true at all.

After all, it was folks like you that were riding Peterman's back since the UF game last year. Now that he's made some strides, you act you knew he'd be ok all along. :loco: Yeah, sure

Dobbs may have won Spring, but this is the fall. Whoever is the best QB will start. Right now I don't think that's Dobbs.

He was reported to have had a few rough practices all camp long. Folks like you look at those few reports and assume that means he sucks and out of the race for the job. Not true at all.

After all, it was folks like you that were riding Peterman's back since the UF game last year. Now that he's made some strides, you act you knew he'd be ok all along. :loco: Yeah, sure

Your reading comprehension is terrible if that's what you read.

Then again, you've proven time and again your forte isn't staying on point or being rational.

This offense is generally predicated on the Read Option, even though they have shown they can adapt it. With Worley, teams can discount him as a legit running threat. We saw last year. He's good for maybe one run all game long. Knowing that, and knowing he doesn't have much mobility, DE's can crash down 100% of the time on the runner, and the whole front 7 can focus on the TB.

He might be slightly more consistent in the passing game, in practice, but unless there is a big gap between them, I hope CBJ give Dobbs the job.

I dont want CBJ giving anybody the job, I want him awarding the job to the person who has earned it throughout the spring, summer, and fall. If that happens to be Dobbs then so be it, but if not the guy who as earned it should be leading this team come Aug 31. Go Vols:rock::rock:

VN Store

Back