parking on Game Day

Pepe_Silvia

#mikehawk
I just bought my ticket for the USU game. This is my second time going to a game at Neyland so I wondering where the best place will be to find parking.

TIA

there are no "Best" places to park. Anywhere you park, you're going to walk...just less walking means you pay. I'd recommend since it's a night game, getting up there earlier in the evening and enjoying the atmosphere in downtown knoxville. You can find free parking and just walk there, then walk to stadium from there.

Depends on how early you get there. Most lots that allow public parking fill up fast near the stadium. Most of those will be $20-30 to park, there are a few places up and down the strip, including the side streets. I've parked across Henley before it was re-done, not sure if still can, it was $10 over there.

There is free parking at the State street garage close to gay street, it will be full early. There is a shuttle that picks up at Market Square, it's $5-$10 for that. There is also a shuttle from the coliseum, it costs to park and also to ride from there.

I'm sure there is more, that's basically the ones I've used.

I park off 17 th street. A little less than a mile to the stadium. Best part is when you get to your car, hit the interstate and you are off. About as pain free as you can get after a game.

Reactions: 3 people
Coliseum is the best no frills parking, 5.00 to park 6.00 to ride to and from the stadium. I'm a season ticket holder and that's where I choose to park, after the game its easy to get to 40 east or west, I live in Kingston so I do go thru the traffic which is usually not bad for 102.455

The closer you get to the stadium parking 5-10 blocks away could be 25-30 then about 10-15 blocks away 10-15

Last edited:
I park off 17 th street. A little less than a mile to the stadium. Best part is when you get to your car, hit the interstate and you are off. About as pain free as you can get after a game.

You are correct. It's a further walk, but not a hard walk. The lot is on a light so there's no way to get stuck.

2 things to consider:
1. Where am I heading after the game?
2. Where are my seats?

If you think it through, you will know better if you want east or west of the stadium. South is the river (not a good choice for a car) and north is neutral but all up hill. There are "commercial" lots along Cumberland and the closer you get to the stadium, the more green you have to spend.

Back behind Cookout is the Children's hospital packing garage. That's where I always park.

It's $10, and the money goes to children's hospital. It's at the beginning of the strip, so not that bad of a walk, and it's one of the cheapest and safest parking garages around...

Reactions: 1 person
Downtown at free garages is good but hard to get out of after the game. Don't park on Lake or anywhere around there because KPD won't let anyone get on Cumberland!
Coliseum is good before the game but takes forever to get a shuttle back after (walk, it's faster!) Tyson Park also a possibility

I park in the fenced lot off 17th. Last year it was $7. It's a bit of a walk but you can get in your car and go. There's a light at the corner so you rarely have to wait on traffic.

Coliseum is good before the game but takes forever to get a shuttle back after (walk, it's faster!) Tyson Park also a possibility

When I was going on a regular basis, they never stopped the return busses at the same place.Never understood why the transit could not set up some sort of a queue.

I park at immaculate conception and walk to the game and walk back. Go down and take a right and boom onto the interstate.

Find someone that works for Norfolk Southern and you can park in their lot. It is only about 3 blocks from the stadium off of James White pkwy. I can get you in and I accept cash donations :)

This is my 2nd trip up and still have no clue where you guys are talking about. My first trip up, I think we got off at 17th street. But parked right off Cumberland and Henley in the church parking lot. It was $30, luckily we beat the crowd out and was on interstate quickly. I don't mind the walk, just don't want to be stuck in traffic for hours. Would like a place close to interstate to get out quick.

This is my 2nd trip up and still have no clue where you guys are talking about. My first trip up, I think we got off at 17th street. But parked right off Cumberland and Henley in the church parking lot. It was $30, luckily we beat the crowd out and was on interstate quickly. I don't mind the walk, just don't want to be stuck in traffic for hours. Would like a place close to interstate to get out quick.

If you want out quick park at the YMCA across from the holiday inn & worlds fair park. There's a parking garage adjacent if the Y is full. Pull out & there's I-40

In 30+years of going to College and Pro games across the south, concerts in many venues, and assorted fairs, etc. I find NO traffic control better than UT. I park on campus and they get you moving fast, a couple of turns to Neyland Drive and on the interstate quickly...Kudos to KPD.

VN Store

Back