Wednesday Practice Notes (#14)

Fingers

Let's get it started.

JONES: It was a very productive night for us.

JONES: I wasn't pleased where we were defensively. I thought we lacked intensity and gave up too many big plays.

JONES: Our practice opportunities are winding down before our first game, we need to make the most of them.

JONES: We need to control what we can control. We had too many pre snap penalties and too many big plays.

JONES: Last time we came in great arena, I could feel the intensity. I didn't feel that tonight.

JONES: It's every player's responsibility to get themselves ready. We have to have the intensity.

JONES: I thought Josh Malone stepped up. Josh Smith continues to have a great camp.

JONES: As a corner, you're going to give up big plays, you have to snap and clear. I thought too many times it impacted 2-3 plays later.

JONES: Our older players have done a great job mentoring our young players, but they have to play fast.

JONES: I'm proud of our sports science, from nutrition to recovery to strength and conditioning.

JONES: A lot if young players struggle with the importance of rest in recovery and injury prevention.

JONES: I think it's important moving forward that our players know who is our quarterback. I've been pleased with all three.

JONES: I'm proud of Josh Malone. He's been fighting through things and he took big steps tonight.

JONES: Mental errors cost football games. Great players make plays, we can't accept big plays that come from mental errors.

JONES: When you're scrimmaging, the lights are on. We had the coaches up in the box tonight.

JONES on Saturday's open practice: It's very important to have a big crowd and I know our fans will respond.

(That's the end of Jones' comments)

Last edited:
Reactions: 35 people
-Worley looked solid and was "in command"
-Croom had two touchdowns and Peterman executed.
-Malone caught a long TD pass from Dobbs.
-Justus Picket had a long run and was solid.

John Brice

Reactions: 5 people
I think that is the difference in Worley he always looked in command and didn't get rattled. As talented as Pete may be if he can't take command and deal. with pressure with our new OL i dont want hin this year. He could be great next year.

Rucker said Butch wasn't happy because the offense made too many big plays.

As he should be. As a fan, I am glad we are starting get those big plays on offense. It has seemed like the D has been dominating this fall for the most part.

“@rockytopinsider: Butch Jones apparently knows about Butch Jones Bingo. He said tonight, "I know we've got word Bingo going on."”

#Busted

Mosley's transportation via Patrick Brown

Bu9iofuCQAAQHnM.jpg

Dustin Dopirak
Was asked whether he thought the big plays in the scrimmage were more of a product of excellent offense or bad defense. He indicated he saw some defensive mistakes, and definitely one bad play on D leading to another.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back