The Pride

Aerie Vol

[Posted in Football Forum because The Pride is an integral part of the game-day experience]

I posted several months ago that my son had been accepted into UT and planned to be in the band. Well, he's since auditioned and been accepted into The Pride of the Southland and just yesterday he was notified he'd won a spot on the field because of his playing and marching abilities. Woohoo!

"Won a spot on the field"? Yep, The Pride has so many members this year there's a stiff competition to actually get a spot in the pregame and halftime shows. With a huge (about 130) freshman class and way over 300 total members, they'll be rocking some Rocky Top in Neyland.

Can't wait.

AV

Reactions: 40 people
Who is the band leader with Sousa gone? Are they going to do any circle drills? Are they going to do anything more modern?

Reactions: 1 person
Who is the band leader with Sousa gone? Are they going to do any circle drills? Are they going to do anything more modern?

Dr. Donald D. Ryder is the interim director. I don't know about his intentions regarding the halftime shows.

I've also heard nothing about CD sales, but hope that practice has ceased. We shall see.

AV

Reactions: 1 person
By the way, YES! Congratulations on your son getting into the on field Pride of the Southland Marching Band. That is an honor.

Reactions: 3 people
My contacts in and around the band are pretty excited about Dr. Ryder taking over. Many feel he can correct the playing and sound issues that have crept up over the past several years. Time will tell.

Congrats to your son. As a Music Ed. major, I marched for four years. Nothing like being on the field and opening the T. I've got season tickets this year so I'll see him and The Pride often.

Reactions: 2 people
Teams have been up and down, but the Pride of the Southland has always been awesome.....

I love anything associated with my alma mater but the size, sound, and stale song selections and routines required change. Glad to hear that has apparently happened and hoping to watch a bigger and better Pride this year. :eek:k:

[Posted in Football Forum because The Pride is an integral part of the game-day experience]

I posted several months ago that my son had been accepted into UT and planned to be in the band. Well, he's since auditioned and been accepted into The Pride of the Southland and just yesterday he was notified he'd won a spot on the field because of his playing and marching abilities. Woohoo!

"Won a spot on the field"? Yep, The Pride has so many members this year there's a stiff competition to actually get a spot in the pregame and halftime shows. With a huge (about 130) freshman class and way over 300 total members, they'll be rocking some Rocky Top in Neyland.

Can't wait.

AV

Just a question about seating, will they still be in the corner as last year. I heard there was some thoughts of moving them to a different locations during the game?

Just wondering if anyone knows if the band has ever talked about going away from the tan/beige color they have on their uni's?? I prefer Orange and White, you know, kind of like our team colors??

Just wondering if anyone knows if the band has ever talked about going away from the tan/beige color they have on their uni's?? I prefer Orange and White, you know, kind of like our team colors??

you've not been a Vol fan for long, have you?

(answer to your question is no f___ no)

Reactions: 2 people

Hmmm, maybe your 'tell' is that the Tenn icon is 3rd on your avatar behind Cubs. There is just a bit of history behind those particular uniforms.:hi:

Congrats to your son! He will be there at a time that is hopefully a fantastic era!

Unless it is a girl....do tell him to not take off his clothes just b/c some a$$ section leader told him so. haha.

Be sure to ask him what the upperclassmen decided his nickname should be!

Go Vols

Due to the age of the material. If you are going to change anything they need to put the power T on the back instead of the block T.

VN Store

Back