Special Teams?

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
I've seen threads on offense, defense, I think there might have been one on the QB situation buried somewhere in the postings, but very little on Special Teams. A few posts here and there, but nothing major and I haven't seen the coaches discuss it much.

Is Young going to step in again at return? Are they going to maybe do a dual return setup with him and Wharton? Darr as punter? Medley getting starts as a Freshman to give him four years to evolve? Brodus pulling a senior year Palardy and surprising everyone?

As we saw last year, that part of the game is critical to winning. And I suspect it won't be much different this year.

1. Yes
2. Probably
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No, and he now prefers to go by " The kicker formally known as Sisqo."

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not convinced that it'll be Devrin all the time on KR or PR.

I look forward to seeing what Wharton can do. I believe reports were that he looked very comfortable catching the ball. I also doubt we ever see Brodus kick in a game again.

I look forward to seeing what Wharton can do. I believe reports were that he looked very comfortable catching the ball. I also doubt we ever see Brodus kick in a game again.

I'm of the mind if CBJ and company can turn Palardy into what they did in a single off season, there is still some hope for Brodus. But I agree in principle that he won't get game time.

But...better to have more weapons than not enough.

I'm of the mind if CBJ and company can turn Palardy into what they did in a single off season, there is still some hope for Brodus. But I agree in principle that he won't get game time.

But...better to have more weapons than not enough.

From what I saw Brodus leg isn't in the same league as Palardy. The talent was always there for MP he just needed to get his head on straight

From what I saw Brodus leg isn't in the same league as Palardy. The talent was always there for MP he just needed to get his head on straight

This.

Brodus doesn't have the leg to hit anything over 42 yards. Palardy had plenty of leg.

Medley has a big leg and so does Darr and Bullock. Need some consistency. Last year none of those guys ever sniffed the field so a fall off makes sense.

(I realize Medley is a frosh and wasn't here last season.)

The ball pops off of Medley foot. the kid is good lets hope he can get the same results on the field. Brodus is 3 string backup with George healthy again. Darr is the #1 punter and like everyone is saying our speed will help our coverage team.

V Wharton and Young will be back for Kick Offs
Young for Punts

But I got to say it been nice knowing that the returners can catch the ball in the resent past.

This.

Brodus doesn't have the leg to hit anything over 42 yards. Palardy had plenty of leg.

Medley has a big leg and so does Darr and Bullock. Need some consistency. Last year none of those guys ever sniffed the field so a fall off makes sense.

(I realize Medley is a frosh and wasn't here last season.)

Additionally, even though Bullock was healthy and technically ready to go, there's no way he'd get a start as an unproven kicker coming off a leg fracture over a Senior Palardy who'd had plenty of ups and downs.

VN Store

Back