Another cool story....bro?

10acvols

I'll start by saying, I was blest to get an extra ticket to the OU game.
(That's not the cool part)

I'm from Knoxville, but currently work in a small hospital in deep SW Texas. Its a tiny town less than 100 miles from Mexico and more than 65 miles to the nearest walmart!

Last year on NSD I was caring for a small child in our ER. Her father was wearing a Vols shirt and I struck up a conversation. As it turns out he loves Tennessee, but has never been to Neyland Stadium, never watched Tennessee play in person, in fact has never even been to the state. Says he has a cousin who visited knoxville and watched a game years ago. Fell in love with the atmosphere, the fans EVERYTHING. And after watching Tennessee play a night game at Neyland Stadium on TV, fell in love himself.

Well, a couple of days ago the little girl was sick again. He was at work but came in to see her after she got there. And what do you know, he was wearing another vols shirt he had worn to work that day.

Funny how things work out. Didn't take long to deside who to give my extra ticket to. A REAL VOLS FAN IMO.

Reactions: 54 people

I'm from Knoxville, but currently work in a small hospital in deep SW Texas. Its a tiny town less than 100 miles from Mexico and more than 65 miles to the nearest walmart!

Last year on NSD I was caring for a small child in our ER. Her father was wearing a Vols shirt and I struck up a conversation. As it turns out he loves Tennessee, but has never been to Neyland Stadium, never watched Tennessee play in person, in fact has never even been to the state. Says he has a cousin who visited knoxville and watched a game years ago. Fell in love with the atmosphere, the fans EVERYTHING. And after watching Tennessee play a night game at Neyland Stadium on TV, fell in love himself.

Well, a couple of days ago the little girl was sick again. He was at work but came in to see her after she got there. And what do you know, he was wearing another vols shirt he had worn to work that day.

Funny how things work out. Didn't take long to deside who to give my extra ticket to. A REAL VOLS FAN IMO.

God bless you! I don't even know you and that puts a huge smile on my face! I remember my first game in Neyland :)

Reactions: 7 people

Might be the coolest story brah's on VN. SW Tejas does get out in the middle of nowhere. You around Alpine or Marfa?

So what was the reaction? What happened next?! I'm on the edge of my seat OP.

I asked if he had thought about going to the OU game since it was so close (still 800 miles away) he looked at his wife with a sheepish grin and said "yeah I ve thought about it. Kind of a big trip with the kidos". I just told him I had been lucky enough to have an extra ticket and he was welcometo it. He was all smiles the rest of the visit.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol! Google Alpine Tx. Only one store in town open after 9pm.

(That doesn't count the liquor stores or bars) :thumbsup:

Gah you were not lieing, town only grew by less than 300 people over a twenty year span from 1990-2010 to bring them to a whopping 5,900 people.

VN Store

Back