FYI: Internet connection issues for Comcast and some others

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
As far as I can tell, there appears to be some network issues on the internet today that are affecting Comcast users (and some others) and preventing them from accessing the site. This isn't a VolNation issue and has to do with the path of some network traffic and how it gets to our site from some end users.

It does seem that affected users are having success loading the site via a mobile connection.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from those having issues so we can keep an eye on when things come back up. I also just wanted to help get the word out since I'm getting a lot of emails.

Comcast outage or service down? Current problems and outages | Down Detector

Reactions: 3 people
I couldn't get to VN via PC this morning (Comcast), but mobile was fine. Connection here at work has fine on PC.

(I thought we'd named a QB starter in the middle of the night til I found out I could get on via mobile.)

Reactions: 6 people
I'm having the same issues. Mobile works fine but broadband will not load the site.

Couldn't access this morn on cpu or cell (Comcast wifi). Freaked out and checked ESPN for scary Vol update (none found!) Now on different service @ work and 3G works

Last edited:
VN has also been unavailable on AT&T until minutes ago.

I'm a Comcast customer and I had no connection to Volnation for maybe 3 hours earlier. Seems to be okay now.

I couldn't get on VolNation from Scottsdale Az. I have Cox Cable. I tried several times, and just assumed the site had crashed because the coach has left for another job or one of the players were arrested for armed robbery...

Comcast user. Just came up. 2:30 PM. Call them earlier, said there were not any problems, HA go figure. Also found out SEC will be on 739 for SW Va area.

Wasn't available via ATT this morning on PC. Not sure if you're tracking if the problem was regional but I don't like revealing my location on the Internet anyway.

As far as I can tell, there appears to be some network issues on the internet today that are affecting Comcast users (and some others) and preventing them from accessing the site. This isn't a VolNation issue and has to do with the path of some network traffic and how it gets to our site from some end users.

It does seem that affected users are having success loading the site via a mobile connection.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from those having issues so we can keep an eye on when things come back up. I also just wanted to help get the word out since I'm getting a lot of emails.

Comcast user. Just came up. 2:30 PM. Call them earlier, said there were not any problems, HA go figure. Also found out SEC will be on 739 for SW Va area.

It never was a Comcast issue. The truth is Freak's been experimenting with ways to try and limit LG's posts.

Apparently he still hasn't had any success.

Charter user on S5 Android over Verizon and WiFi over Apple Airport.

Got kicked off about half hour ago. Tried clearing history, cookies, and reboot. Still couldn't get back on. Turned off WiFi in S5 VN came up over 4Glte. Turned WiFi back on and works fine. ... duh it's something in the ether.

I couldn't access from home (comcast) this morning but mobile was fine. Could access anything else. Had this problem once before with Comcast on my own website.

I called and reported it this morning and they said they would investigate and get back to me, but meanwhile would I like to upgrade my service. I declined.

VN Store

Back