Peterman vs Oregon and UF

PassedOutAwake

R.I.P RichRollin
With all of the hype about Peterman lately, I decided to go back and watch him in action vs Oregon and Florida. It wasnt as bad as I remembered. Minus the turnovers, we moved the ball decently. Quite a few of his incompletions hit the receivers in the hands. I put together this video for anybody else who wants to rewatch his performances. I separated it by game and before/after injury. You could say that the first fumble was Neal's/Oline's fault and you could also say the 2nd was the Oline's fault. Or you could say they are both Peterman's fault.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2dj8TeE_oA[/youtube]

Sorry for the music. I didnt feel like looking for something, so I just threw on this beat 3 times.

Reactions: 6 people
Man, rewatching those videos makes me realize that we had rose colored glasses on towards how good the o-line was supposed to be. They did not play well in either of those games.

Reactions: 2 people
Man, rewatching those videos makes me realize that we had rose colored glasses on towards how good the o-line was supposed to be. They did not play well in either of those games.

Florida d line is the best in the nation, and oregon is up there also. Wouldn't judge our Oline on those performances.

That was still a little painful. But you're right that it wasn't as bad as I remember. Tiny got destroyed on that second fumble... And I forgot how long we were in the game with FL. I think they scored another touchdown before the end of the half but that was still only a 10 point lead. I seem to remember it being worse than that. When you go an entire half without scoring points on offense, you generally don't win though.

If he ends up being the guy I will be happy for him. I just hope that whoever goes out against Utah St is the right guy for the year

Reactions: 3 people
I'm still trying to forget the past 6 years of football. I'm looking forward to the future.

Reactions: 1 person
Did he not tell the coaches "hey, I think I broke my hand!"? Why would you continue to play him with a broken hand when you have three more QB'S on the sideline? Did he tell the coaches and they said "don't worry about it and go play."? If they sent him back with a broken hand then maybe Butch and co. aren't as smart as they seem to be. I would bet that Peterman didn't want to tell them so he could stay in and get his shot. Either way, one of those decisions cost us that game.

I missed the fourth quarter of those two gamesÂ…..a little bit to much liquid pain killer. :shakehead:

OK, I'm going to be "that" guy. Peterman pretty much played against Oregon's bench warmers for most of the time he was in there so you cannot even properly assess him in that game.

I am not in the Worley, Dobbs, or Peterman fan club. I just want whoever gives us the best chance to win. If it is indeed Peterman than so be it. But from that video I still don't see it. If he has improved as much as everyone is saying then let the boy play, but I still think it will be Worley.

At least twice in that video I saw the read option freeze the back side DE, so there's that. But sweet fancy Moses it got ugly after he broke the hand.

For crying out loud, please hurry up and name Worley the starter Butch and make all these Peterman threads stop. Ugh.

Florida d line is the best in the nation, and oregon is up there also. Wouldn't judge our Oline on those performances.

I'm not as down on last year's line as a lot of folks, but they were touted as possibly one of the best in the nation. To be the best, you have to play the best and play well.

I'm not saying they were garbage or anything like that, but they didn't really live up to their preseason hype. There were likely many reasons for that.

Did he not tell the coaches "hey, I think I broke my hand!"? Why would you continue to play him with a broken hand when you have three more QB'S on the sideline? Did he tell the coaches and they said "don't worry about it and go play."? If they sent him back with a broken hand then maybe Butch and co. aren't as smart as they seem to be. I would bet that Peterman didn't want to tell them so he could stay in and get his shot. Either way, one of those decisions cost us that game.

Players sometimes think it's not as bad as it is. Bray also tried to go back in after he broke his thumb. I don't claim to know what happened in that sequence, but it's not a stretch to think he may not have realized immediately how bad it was .

I saw opponents swarming our backfield--I mean just living there. I saw receivers unable to get separation and dropping balls. But I also saw some poor decisions where he threw it into coverage (probably attributable to the pressure from the D, as well as him pressing to take the role as starter). Still, I saw him moving the ball pretty well.

I'm in no 'camp' except UT football. I want a starter, and I want him to succeed. If anything happens, I want a Q2 that can come in and look great. God forbid, if anything else happens, I want a Q3 who will come in and look great.

That's pretty much what I hope for, whosever name is on the back of the jersey.

Can we please go back to the ALL-WHITE away jerseys and pants? We looked awful compared to Oregon both in play and the all important uniforms.

The OL was horrendous....NP decision making was bad as well. I don't think him throwing the football is the problem, it's his decision making that is the problem.

The OL was horrendous....NP decision making was bad as well. I don't think him throwing the football is the problem, it's his decision making that is the problem.

I agree, but he did not have any time to make a decision a majority of the time. It almost looked like they took plays off. Not just one lineman, but the whole unit.

In regard to Peterman telling the coaches he broke his hand, he probably didn't realize it. I have broken an arm and a leg, and if I hadn't seen my arm mangled and heard my leg snapping, I wouldn't have known it. They went numb.

With all of the hype about Peterman lately, I decided to go back and watch him in action vs Oregon and Florida. It wasnt as bad as I remembered. Minus the turnovers, we moved the ball decently. Quite a few of his incompletions hit the receivers in the hands. I put together this video for anybody else who wants to rewatch his performances. I separated it by game and before/after injury. You could say that the first fumble was Neal's/Oline's fault and you could also say the 2nd was the Oline's fault. Or you could say they are both Peterman's fault.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2dj8TeE_oA[/youtube]

Sorry for the music. I didnt feel like looking for something, so I just threw on this beat 3 times.

Nobody seems to realize how bad the play calling was the first half of the UF game. It was literally run, run, screen, reverse

Honestly that was god awful. He makes the wrong read running the option a handful of times, his throws are late and inaccurate. I don't see a single thing in that video that makes me feel optimistic about him next year. It will be Worley.

VN Store

Back