SIAP What is the deal with John Adams?

He thought he was better than Washington and didn't like TJ trying to push him out. Plus the avg life span was @ 50 years so he was probably not happy.

Reactions: 4 people
Reactions: 4 people
Adams is as useless as yesterday's burnt toast as a sports writer. Don't waste a second of your life reading his junk.

Reactions: 12 people
I remember there being some rolling of the eyes when UT discussed purchasing SEC East rings for the 2003. I LOL'd at the time.

However sad it is, that's what's going on in today's world. It's all about the flash, not the substance. If you have to "create" a few accomplishments, so be it.

I read the article again. Of everything positive Butch Jones and his staff have going on, this guy is going to call them out about this?

The tone and subject matter are just mean and useless, unless you are coach recruiting AGAINST the Vols.

Maybe he should look a the other SEC schools and check out their banners and claimed championships? Should be an open-ended road trip...no need for him to return.

What a DB.

Reactions: 2 people
He is afflicted with a common but potentially very uncomfortable ailment. Fortunately there is a cure. He need to reach is hand between his legs and get a firm grip around the large stick and pull with all his might in an attempt to dislodge it from his anus.

Reactions: 3 people
I have had my issues with his "reporting" before, but this is so far beyond what I have seen him write before. Maybe I missed something.

Does he hate the Vols?

If I were in the AD's office, I would scrutinize his access from now on.

Shades of Gilbert?

John Adams: Second place worthy of a banner at UT - GoVolsXtra Story

A whole lotta nothing in that article.

See a wall. Decide it is a prime time to take shots at UT. That is journalism skill right there.

Reactions: 1 person
Not surprising. Typical John Adams. He thinks he knows it all, and it is extremely irritating to those of us who do.

Reactions: 3 people
Still not as bad as Wes Rucker. That dude is useless.

I'm not sure I could disagree more. While Wes is certainly not great, his work as the sports editor for the Beacon won me over. I'll cut Rucker a lot of slack, being that he's a UT guy, but I think he aspires national attention (like Clay Travis), so he goes against the grain on purpose at times.

John Adams has made a career out of trolling the UT fan base. And won several awards for his work.

I despise his work as a journalist, but he's obviously very good at what he does.

He is a typical media hack. He is a snarky little slime ball that gets kudos from his fellow "journalists" when he makes people mad. The best thing to do is not subscribe to the KNS or pay for their website.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm not sure I could disagree more. While Wes is certainly not great, his work as the sports editor for the Beacon won me over. I'll cut Rucker a lot of slack, being that he's a UT guy, but I think he aspires national attention (like Clay Travis), so he goes against the grain on purpose at times.

John Adams has made a career out of trolling the UT fan base. And won several awards for his work.

I despise his work as a journalist, but he's obviously very good at what he does.

Maybe he was good at what he does, but when you end an article like this:

Show Vols who are in the same photo with current NFL players. For example, how about a UT defender bearing down on former Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford? For another example, show a Vol tackling former Alabama running back Eddie Lacy.

Display the names and statistics of former UT players who led their teams in any statistical category. Balance it with season-leading rushers, passers, receivers, tacklers, and every other statistical leader. That way, no matter what position a recruit might play, he won't feel as though his position is less important than any other.

Fill whatever room is left with action photos of Manning.

It's time to hang it up. Seriously, there is no point to any of those final three paragraphs.

His goal is to gather attention for his writing. It's crap but he's drawing attention so let's all move on and pay it no more attention

This is what I mean by being a media hack. They sit in a group and circle jerk each other. They pass out their awards like the Pulitzer Prize to plagiarizers and "journalists" who stage events to advance their agendas. They deserve more disdain than lawyers or politicians, but they can manipulate the public to believe any thing they say and print because they have a forum. John Adams fits right in with them.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe he was good at what he does, but when you end an article like this:

It's time to hang it up. Seriously, there is no point to any of those final three paragraphs.

The point was to piss off Vol fans and get attention. He succeeded.

I have had my issues with his "reporting" before, but this is so far beyond what I have seen him write before. Maybe I missed something.

Does he hate the Vols?

If I were in the AD's office, I would scrutinize his access from now on.

Shades of Gilbert?

John Adams: Second place worthy of a banner at UT - GoVolsXtra Story

Proud to say that before I read that article I didn't have a clue who he was. Glad I can go back to not caring about him. Easiest way to get him fired is to stop reading his stuff and stop buying the paper to which he works.

Adams is a grumpy old fart...Not funny, not interesting, not informative - just one nasal whine after another about an athletic dept he doesn't even like anyway.

You have to admit, hanging banners for DIVISIONAL titles that we didn't even win is pretty sad. Not as bad as Alabama's 52 national championships, but still

The dude is a ky fan, that in itself says enough. .. he has years full of reasons to hate tennessee. He really knows very little about the game. Remember the "I beat john adams" tees they gave away in the picks contest a few years back? I swear I got one every week. But if you really dislike the guy he can be found sitting around the bar at the restaurant formerly known as flat water grille complaining about every whistle blown against his Kentucky wildcats.

VN Store

Back