Oklahoma's LB suspended

UT_Tix79

Gotta help our chances, Oklahoma's starting LB and leading tackler was just suspended for the whole year...

Reactions: 8 people
What's the word on Mixon? I haven't heard anything about his playing status since he punched the girl in the face.

Ut- 31
ok - 3

Typo?

Did you mean:

OK- 31
UT-3

:p:p

In all seriousness, even with their starting LB suspended we have our hands full no matter what with the Sooners. Might take the favorite line down a few points. OK will probably only be favored by 30 points now instead of 40. :thumbsup:

What's the word on Mixon? I haven't heard anything about his playing status since he punched the girl in the face.

I think it's still TBD but I've read several places that he might get suspended for a good portion of the season if not the year. But who knows, with how Ray Rice's discipline was handled he'll prob be held out for a quarter..

Reactions: 2 people
Typo?

Did you mean:

OK- 31
UT-3

In all seriousness, even with their starting LB suspended we have our hands full no matter what with the Sooners. Might take the favorite line down a few points. OK will probably only be favored by 30 points now instead of 40. :thumbsup:

ou is overrated,,,,just cause they beat bama when bama was a no show

Reactions: 2 people
Suspended for the year as opposed to kicked off the team (for sexual assault no less)? Give me a break. I give them a week before they send in an appeal to get the suspension minimized or completely lifted. Seems to be the norm with Stoops. Getting his best players eligible at all costs despite the bad PR.

Typo?

Did you mean:

OK- 31
UT-3

It was a joke! :good!:

Monday afternoon the University of Oklahoma released a statement from president David Boren addressing the ongoing Title IX investigation of linebacker Frank Shannon. As a result of the university’s internal investigation, the school’s Title IX panel ruled that Shannon will serve a one year suspension from the school. Shannon can appeal the decision, though that will take place outside of the university (i.e. district court).

As a result of said appeal, it would appear — according to Boren — OU cannot currently enforce the one year suspension. Therefore it would seem until the district court issues some type of ruling, Shannon is still technically a part of the program.

Frank Shannon Suspended For One Year (Kind Of) | The Football Brainiacs

VN Store

Back