what about the defense ?

ice

Pro 2A - GOA & NRA member
Very little is being said about our defense.
A lot of chatter about the offense.
We cannot win without a good defense and ours has been deplorable the last few years.
Any good news about #118 defense ?.

Very little is being said about our defense.
A lot of chatter about the offense.
We cannot win without a good defense and ours has been deplorable the last few years.
Any good news about #118 defense ?.

Are you reading Fingers updates on practice? Really good info by Rollie! Check it out.

Reactions: 4 people
Defense will be greatly improved IMO.

Maggitt and Vereen will be good at DE with Barnett and Hendrix as backups.
O' Brian, Williams, Williams, and Saulsberry will be good at DT.
LB will be a strength with AJ, JRM, and Bates.
DB will be improved with Sutton and Randolph returning and us adding Moseley and TK (by first game) to the starting lineup.

All IMO. We will have some moments where our youth shows, but our speed will be greatly improved.

More talent, more speed, young in a few spots. Better, but still needs some experience and a few more players.

Reactions: 1 person
Defense will be greatly improved IMO.

Maggitt and Vereen will be good at DE with Barnett and Hendrix as backups.
O' Brian, Williams, Williams, and Saulsberry will be good at DT.
LB will be a strength with AJ, JRM, and Bates.
DB will be improved with Sutton and Randolph returning and us adding Moseley and TK (by first game) to the starting lineup.

All IMO. We will have some moments where our youth shows, but our speed will be greatly improved.

Vickers and Miller at DE's? Really need to rotate 6

Team defense is a whole lot faster than last year. I can't tell you how many times our defensive players were slow in the pursuit to tackle. AJ is a whole lot faster, Maggitt is back, and the secondary is a whole lot faster with
Moseley, Sutton, Randolph, and Swafford. Worley commented on the difference in the speed of the secondary after the scrimmage; said it was a much quicker secondary compared to last year

Aside from Hurd moving to D tackle, coach Martinez has absolutely RAVED about Riley Ferguson since his switch across the ball to free safety

This is getting ridiculous. just give me Utah State's head on a platter. Please.Butch talks about the team struggling in the heat of August. I think our posters are hitting that same wall.:cray:

Latest reports are that because of Dobbs difficulty with accuracy, they are trying him out at TE. He will gets some looks at that position. Hurd and Dobbs at TE gives us much needed depth at the TE position.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not sure we'll see it this year, but I think the upgrade in speed and talent will be huge. May take another year for it to come together with experience.

Team defense is a whole lot faster than last year. I can't tell you how many times our defensive players were slow in the pursuit to tackle. AJ is a whole lot faster, Maggitt is back, and the secondary is a whole lot faster with
Moseley, Sutton, Randolph, and Swafford. Worley commented on the difference in the speed of the secondary after the scrimmage; said it was a much quicker secondary compared to last year

AJ will look much faster as he will not be so far out of position trying to cover others shortfalls.

VN Store

Back