Team Peterman

HvilleCommando

Yeah you're right. I may be the first one on the bandwagon. But I've always been a fan of this guy. There's a reason Butch went to him early in the season when both Worley, Dobbs, and Ferguson were all healthy. He said he was the one that proved it most in practice that week, and the Florida game was just an unfortunate anomaly. I think he's doing the same right now in fall camp, proving he's the man for the job again.

I've kept very close attention to all the fall camp practice write-ups and from what I've gathered, Peterman has been the most consistent of all and has moved up to QB2 behind Worley, atm. I've heard Dobbs has been poor, under throwing and over throwing receivers in skeleton drills which should be easy completions. Worley on the other hand has looked good but has been very up and down and had 3 red-zone picks the other day.

While I do think Worley will probably be the starter for Utah State, I think Peterman will become the QB of the 2014 season and beyond, at some point. From all the practice videos and reports, he's seems to have the most consistency, best footwork, zip on his passes, and timing with the Wide Receivers.

Doubt there's many in this camp but I'm full-Peterman here, and hope he has a big year for the Vols.

GBO.

Reactions: 20 people
Yeah you're right. I may be the first one on the bandwagon. But I've always been a fan of this guy. There's a reason Butch went to him early in the season when both Worley, Dobbs, and Ferguson were all healthy. He said he was the one that proved it most in practice that week, and the Florida game was just an unfortunate anomaly. I think he's doing the same right now in fall camp, proving he's the man for the job again.

I've kept very close attention to all the fall camp practice write-ups and from what I've gathered, Peterman has been the most consistent of all and has moved up to QB2 behind Worley, atm. I've heard Dobbs has been poor, under throwing and over throwing receivers in skeleton drills which should be easy completions. Worley on the other hand has looked good but has been very up and down and had 3 red-zone picks the other day.

While I do think Worley will probably be the starter for Utah State, I think Peterman will become the QB of the 2014 season and beyond, at some point. From all the practice videos and reports, he's seems to have the most consistency, best footwork, zip on his passes, and timing with the Wide Receivers.

Doubt there's many in this camp but I'm full-Peterman here, and hope he has a big year for the Vols.

GBO.

Do you realize what you've done?

Reactions: 7 people
Been a Peterman Fan since his recruitment.

If we get the Stats from the scrimmage, My bet is on Nathan having the better day.

Reactions: 2 people
Lots of people on here will melt if Peterman comes out of fall as the number 2 QB. If he is the starter? Lol at what happens then!
This thread could get nasty.

Do you realize what you've done?

Anyone who's paid close attention to the practice reports knows that he has been the most consistent. He was splitting first team reps in the situational practice I believe starting 2 days ago, and converted on every single red-zone drill except for 1 where the receiver caught it but stepped on the line..

He's impressing the staff. That's not a question.

I'm actually coming back around on peterman. He was hurt vs Florida and didn't tell anyone. Still would be hard to stomach seeing him in a big game. Would rather he get his feet wet vs an arky st or ut chat

Reactions: 2 people
If Peterman wins the starting job then I am fine with that. I just want one of the QBs to separate themselves from the others and be named the starter. Then play the full season. I do not want to see multiple QBs being used based on their performance in practice.

Reactions: 5 people
One thing is for sure...the kid has heart.

It would have been easy to pack it in or quit yet he's still out there working hard.

Reactions: 14 people
Anyone who's paid close attention to the practice reports knows that he has been the most consistent. He was splitting first team reps in the situational practice I believe starting 2 days ago, and converted on every single red-zone drill except for 1 where the receiver caught it but stepped on the line..

He's impressing the staff. That's not a question.

I'm hoping for the experienced Worley.

I haven't seen them this offseason but one thing that might give Peterman an advantage is arm strength. I don't recall how strong his arm was but I do recall Worley and Dobbs' arm strength or lack thereof.

4/11 5yds 0tds 2ints

This. You also left out that it was his first start, on the road, at the swamp. Also, he injured his finger. I'd like to see how many other QB's would perform better after such a shaky start. I mean, sometimes it's difficult for me to bounce back when I'm playing NCAA. I couldn't imagine real life.

Reactions: 3 people
I can buy what you're selling. But, at the end of the day, I just want to win football games. I'll be happy with whoever can get us over .500.

Reactions: 3 people
This. You also left out that it was his first start, on the road, at the swamp. Also, he injured his finger. I'd like to see how many other QB's would perform better after such a shaky start. I mean, sometimes it's difficult for me to bounce back when I'm playing NCAA. I couldn't imagine real life.

lol

Like for making me laugh.

I know it was a tough way to start. Still, I feel like we win that game with essentially any other QB. Especially if we didn't injure Driskell. That WR wannabe QB ran all over us.

lol

Like for making me laugh.

I know it was a tough way to start. Still, I feel like we win that game with essentially any other QB. Especially if we didn't injure Driskell. That WR wannabe QB ran all over us.
Yeah, I'm not saying I'm pulling for Peterman more, but to just not rule him out. Yes, with the way Worley played after he subbed for Peterman, I think the outcome would have been different had he played the whole time. And I closed my eyes everytime their replacemtn QB started running. I knew he was going to pick up the first everytime.

But it was bad. :(

Like watching Rusty Smith play QB, but worse.

Ouch.. You had to bring up Rusty.. I think it'll be okay. All it will take is Peterman to led us down and score a TD and all will be forgotten.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back