Practice #7 Updates, 4:00pm start

Fingers

I've waited as long as I can so that you lazy folks don't have to scroll through too many pages at the beginning of the thread, but it's time to get this party started!

Once again, let's make this a comprehensive resource for all things related to Vols practice #7.

Reactions: 29 people
Fingers.... I was starting to freak out a little that there wasn't a thread for this practice here. Appreciate you sir.

Reactions: 1 person
I've waited as long as I can so that you lazy folks don't have to scroll through too many pages at the beginning of the thread, but it's time to get this party started!

Once again, let's make this a comprehensive resource for all things related to Vols practice #7.

Fingers even making cranky britches happy. Fingers you da man dawg.

Reactions: 2 people
waiting to hear QB's did great, then next practice they're not playing 'winning football'. I like the back-and-forth discussion on VN

Tennessee football practice report: Vols prep for Saturday scrimmage | Times Free Press

-Croom and Johnson worked some with 1st team receivers.

Josh Dobbs was sharp on his short throws, including an on-target slant to redshirt freshman Ryan Jenkins and ball through a tight window to Johnson.

Nathan Peterman hit on a pair of deep passes. He hit Pearson in stride down the sideline after catching safety Devaun Swafford peeking into the flat. Peterman then hit walk-on Virginia transfer Adrian Gamble in stride between a couple of defenders on a post pattern.

Where was Justin Worley, you ask? He was handing off during a drill on the defensive field on what may have been a maintenance day for the senior.

Good sign for the Vols: defensive tackle Trevarris Saulsberry practiced after he was limited on Thursday. He missed most of last season with a knee injury and missed spring practice after shoulder surgery. At 6-foot-4, 296 pounds, Saulsberry is one of Tennessee's biggest bodies on defense.

• Jones rode defensive back/linebacker Elliott Berry throughout practice. He told the freshman he would remove the "B" from the back of his jersey after he adjudged Berry to loaf to a drill and proceeded to refer to him as "Elliot Erry" throughout practice. This after Jones singled out Berry for his performance following Thursday's practice.

Reactions: 3 people
JANCEK : We've been full speed ahead and that's been a lot for the freshmen.

Defensive coordinator John Jancek: The big thing we'll judge in the scrimmage will be effort. pic.twitter.com/emZqiDVXhu

JANCEK: We give it all to them and keep repeating it to see how it sinks in.

JANCEK: We don't rush the passer or defend receivers, so it's all about the kids.

JANCEK: Barnett is a tremendous talent in tremendous shape. He can pick it all up and it makes sense.

JANCEK: Scrimmages are extremely valuable, it's the closest thing to simulating a game.

JANCEK: Guys are close. It's not as detailed as we would like and it's inconsistent, we have to coach the same thing until they get it.

JANCEK: Sometimes it's sink or swim out there. They're going to get it or not. So they have to do it, then we can correct it.

Reactions: 4 people
WR coach Zach Azzanni: The young guys are up and down, but I've seen good progress. pic.twitter.com/2f5V7uCesG

AZZANNI: I've had a tremendous amount of faith in Josh Smith. I've been keeping him focused one day at a time.

AZZANNI: Josh Smith is one of if not the toughest kids I know.

AZZANNI: I want to see consistency. One day they'll have a great day, the next isn't. There are habits we're continuing to break.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
jancek : We've been full speed ahead and that's been a lot for the freshmen.

Defensive coordinator john jancek: The big thing we'll judge in the scrimmage will be effort. Pic.twitter.com/emzqidvxhu

jancek: We give it all to them and keep repeating it to see how it sinks in.

Jancek: We don't rush the passer or defend receivers, so it's all about the kids.

Jancek: Barnett is a tremendous talent in tremendous shape. He can pick it all up and it makes sense.

Jancek: scrimmages are extremely valuable, it's the closest thing to simulating a game.

jancek: Guys are close. It's not as detailed as we would like and it's inconsistent, we have to coach the same thing until they get it.

Jancek: Sometimes it's sink or swim out there. They're going to get it or not. So they have to do it, then we can correct it.

pure gold

Reactions: 7 people
No North. Specific updates on this will probably be difficult to obtain, considering Jones’ new policy of just point-blank not talking about injuries — something other programs, including Oregon, have done for years — but the fact is sophomore receiver Marquez North was not in shoulder pads Friday and was riding an exercise bunk during much of the time open to reporters.

-Josh Smith had another strong day.
-Dobbs just doesn't seem to be "spinning the ball very well'
-In the injury pit. Wiesman, Gaulden and Miller. Quin wasn't on the fied. Sanders was in green. Scott was a full participator. Bowles was in green.

Fast Five: Tennessee Vols football Friday practice

Reactions: 3 people
3006955.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back