'New' mantra has Tennessee Vols' Josh Smith 'starting strong'

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
"Everybody's asking me, 'What's new?'" Smith said following Tuesday's practice. "I'm a new me, a new team, a new day. I'm a new guy, and I'm not trying to look back at last season. It's a new me, and I feel like that. I'm starting strong, and I've got to end strong."

His knee bothered him throughout the season, and he underwent surgery to repair the meniscus after the season.

'New' mantra has Tennessee Vols' Josh Smith 'starting strong' | Times Free Press

by Patrick Brown

i do hope he can stay healthy this year and play at 100% all year

Last edited:
The WR position should be strong this season, which will help balance out the rest of the O. Our line will be challenged every game, but whoever the QB ends up being, will have plenty of targets to hit QUICKLY.

New mantra:

"Don't drop passes."

Kid could be the next Zach Rogers if he's got the right mindset. I remember cringing through a couple of seasons' worth of passes heading Zach's way as he always seemed to drop the ones that were needed most. He started lighting it up in his senior year and more than redeemed himself. hope Josh is another success story.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
This is what happens when you recruit well. Competition for playing time will bring the best out of players.

The kid gets open that's for sure. If he can just quiet out the foot steps and catch some balls he'll be one of the QB's favorite targets.

Butch and coach Z really like the young man, that's enough for me. They are also impressed with VP, WRU is back. :yes:

If the Vols can get past this season, the future looks exciting with all the new talent and speed from Butch's top 5 recruiting class.

New mantra:

"Don't drop passes."

Kid could be the next Zach Rogers if he's got the right mindset. I remember cringing through a couple of seasons' worth of passes heading Zach's way as he always seemed to drop the ones that were needed most. He started lighting it up in his senior year and more than redeemed himself. hope Josh is another success story.

I was really not expecting a zach rogers comparison in this thread. Slick Shelley Maybe but def not zach rogers or wes welker.

I was really not expecting a zach rogers comparison in this thread. Slick Shelley Maybe but def not zach rogers or wes welker.

You haven't been around VN long enough. white receivers only get compared to other white receivers. It does not matter how far off base the comparison.

Reactions: 2 people
Obviously you haven't been paying attention to this board as VP is the best route runner? :thumbsup:

You haven't been around VN long enough. white receivers only get compared to other white receivers. It does not matter how far off base the comparison.

Larry Seivers!!! If he could have been able to jump, he would have been good.

I think after the Streater/Seivers combo, the SEC outlawed having a White Receiver with a Black Quarterback for several years.

Last edited:
New mantra:

"Don't drop passes."

Make that a case of stickem for each game. He was pathetic last year dropping most everything coming his way. I just don't see much action coming his way given our receiving core. Sorry but in the crunch of the game I just wouldn't trust him period.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back