OU Pre season press conference

10acvols

The good:
*QB TK only had 3 complete games and no other QB with any
college snaps.
* Two RB's with a total of 29 carries at the college level.
* Only oneWr with significant experience.
* Bob Stoops is really a moron.
* They don't even consider us a blip on their radar.

The bad:
* Their line play is experienced and the front t seven is "nasty".

Didn't catch all of it. Anyone else see anything?

Reactions: 3 people
They do have another qb with some games under his belt, they just dont know if he'll be waivered where he can play this season or if he is gonna have to sit out a year cause of the transfer rules. He was texas techs qb for awhile, kid is good with a really strong arm. hopefully he has to wait a year.

The good:
*QB TK only had 3 complete games and no other QB with any
college snaps.
* Two RB's with a total of 29 carries at the college level.
* Only oneWr with significant experience.
* Bob Stoops is really a moron.
* They don't even consider us a blip on their radar.

The bad:
* Their line play is experienced and the front t seven is "nasty".

Didn't catch all of it. Anyone else see anything?

we have the answer. throw deep avoid front 7

Reactions: 2 people
Only Tennessee fans could ignore that last six years and overlook a team that has won 20 games over the past two years. We have something to do before we play Oklahoma.

Reactions: 6 people
We don't call him "Big Game Bob" for nothing and this is a big game to us VFL!

Only Tennessee fans could ignore that last six years and overlook a team that has won 20 games over the past two years. We have something to do before we play Oklahoma.

The month before the season starts is our last chance of the year to be truly optimistic (until things turn around, and they will.) Please don't take this away from us. :hi:

*As fans, over looking games does not effect the outcome. I highly doubt Butch and Co are allowing their players to over look a single snap.

Reactions: 1 person
Bob Stoops is really a moron?

Between that and bashing Fulmer, I'm not really sure some of you understand that the ultimate objective is to win.

Reactions: 4 people
OU is fighting for their survival, Texas and Texas A&M are snatching most of the talent in Texas and OU is getting the leftovers....and now he is trying to dog the SEC in attempt to convince players to come to the the 3rd Tier Big 12 Conference.

The month before the season starts is our last chance of the year to be truly optimistic (until things turn around, and they will.) Please don't take this away from us. :hi:

Yours may be the most logical post I have ever read here. Forgive me.
:good!:

Reactions: 2 people

I disagree with you 100%, UT Fans are far more aware of College Football than most fans, I think you are confusing the passion of UT Fans with fans that are part time fans..........like yourself.

Go Vols.:rock:

Reactions: 5 people
OU is fighting for their survival, Texas and Texas A&M are snatching most of the talent in Texas and OU is getting the leftovers....and now he is trying to dog the SEC in attempt to convince players to come to the the 3rd Tier Big 12 Conference.

Well, if that's true and Muschamp sucks it up this year, why wouldn't FL hire Stoops to come back and take over? I wouldn't want him in the SEC recruiting at FL. That would be an upgrade over Muschamp if you ask me.

You can laugh all you want, but he has a point. People get caught up in what someone says and try to temper their expectations because they get excited.

We are fans, and as such should be excited and always of the opinion that we can win any game.

I don't think anyone here is saying "we are going to beat Oklahoma", unless they're saying it jokingly, but there are a lot of people that are saying we can beat them.

Also, Knoxville is one of the best college sports markets in the country, and with that comes knowledge of the sport. I'm not saying everyone is an expert, but there are far more knowledgeable football fans in Knoxville than most places.

You can laugh all you want, but he has a point. People get caught up in what someone says and try to temper their expectations because they get excited.

We are fans, and as such should be excited and always of the opinion that we can win any game.

I don't think anyone here is saying "we are going to beat Oklahoma", unless they're saying it jokingly, but there are a lot of people that are saying we can beat them.

Also, Knoxville is one of the best college sports markets in the country, and with that comes knowledge of the sport. I'm not saying everyone is an expert, but there are far more knowledgeable football fans in Knoxville than most places.

That wasn't the part I was laughing about.

I was laughing about the "knowledgeable fan" part.

A good percentage of this board would have Tennessee favored by 2 touchdowns over the Seattle Seahawks.

1. They aren't in the SEC.

2. Pete Carroll is moron.

3, They play sissy West Coast football, so their defense is overrated.

4. Richard Sherman can't cover Marquez North.

5. Seattle's schedule is weak

Reactions: 5 people

A good percentage of this board would have Tennessee favored by 2 touchdowns over the Seattle Seahawks.

1. They aren't in the SEC.

2. Pete Carroll is moron.

3, They play sissy West Coast football, so their defense is overrated.

4. Richard Sherman can't cover Marquez North.

5. Seattle's schedule is weak

Holy crap we have a chance.

Reactions: 4 people
They do have another qb with some games under his belt, they just dont know if he'll be waivered where he can play this season or if he is gonna have to sit out a year cause of the transfer rules. He was texas techs qb for awhile, kid is good with a really strong arm. hopefully he has to wait a year.

Hopefully this guy, and DGB who concerns me more, both have the same NCAA clearance guy as Mo Couch did last year. I would prefer neither is available to coach BS.

Bob Stoops is really a moron?

Between that and bashing Fulmer, I'm not really sure some of you understand that the ultimate objective is to win.

Are you suggesting that Fulmer didn't get his rectum handed to him in every game that mattered his last few seasons? I'm sure you wanted to us to keep Fulmer. We haven't lost to FL by 5TDs since.

No they wouldn't. You're misinterpreting excitement and some sarcasm for people being serious. I mean either you're horrible at reading sarcasm or are being purposefully dense.

VN Store

Back