What's the possibility that....

DeusExMachina

"I aim to misbehave"
Had an idea for discussion. Here's the "rules". Give your opinion on the question asked, then ask your question (keep it Vol Football related). Let's see how long this lasts 'fore it goes belly-up.

My question: What's the possibility that Curt Maggitt comes back for his RSSr season, with A.J. leaving after this year??

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to think Butch can keep someone like AJ every year for their senior year. I want to say 70% chance Curt comes back. It would be huge for our program next year.
Are their any other JRs that could possibly leave early?

Not to rebuttle the opinion of it being 70% chance, but my own opinion would be close to 90%

We havn't to this point seen what he is completely capable of at DE, and being more comfortable at the LB position, I would see him coming back and playing LB solely his senior year to raise his draft stock. I know he will be more of a hybrid this year, but our need at DE is obviously higher than our need at LB currently based off of what we've heard/seen. You would have to think that this would have been discussed prior to the move to DE, seeing as how it's been quite some time since a NFL scout has even seen CM at the LB position. I know guys go based off of pure athletic capability relatively high in the draft from time to time, but just statistically speaking, and based off what we know right now...I see a very high chance that CM returns for a final season.

Nice post OP!

If Maggitt has a season where he would be considered a 1-3 round pick he would leave. He would have already graduated anyway.

What are the chances the Berry brothers combine to break one of Eric's records?

For those of you who were around in the 90s think Leonard Little's role in his senior year for Curt if he comes back for his senior year. If he has a great year and improves his draft stock (early last season Tiny was touted to go in the first couple of rounds and went undrafted) I'd say he takes the chance and goes to the NFL. Too much money to say no to. What are the odds that Worley/Dobbs has a 20 TD season?

Well if we go the way of Fla State & Tex. A & M and dig into the piggy banks and pay these kids 50 - 60,000 dollar premiums for Million dollar insurance policy. Still not sure if this is legal but I believe it is awesome and will keep kids riding the fence about jumping pro in college.

Unless he has a killer year, I think he stays.

Although his potential is off the charts, and his leadership in obvious, he simply has not done much for NFL teams to evaluate, do to injuries. JMO

50/50 Dobbs/Worley have a 20 TD season.

Who (like me) thinks that the Ole Miss and Missouri games are the two that will decide if we go to a bowl game?

Reactions: 3 people

Who (like me) thinks that the Ole Miss and Missouri games are the two that will decide if we go to a bowl game?

I think it's likely those games matter. I think more of them will matter than we'd like.

Had an idea for discussion. Here's the "rules". Give your opinion on the question asked, then ask your question (keep it Vol Football related). Let's see how long this lasts 'fore it goes belly-up.

My question: What's the possibility that Curt Maggitt comes back for his RSSr season, with A.J. leaving after this year??

He wants to play a season with McKenzie! Book it!

2 Huge games for sure...Think we go 1-1 in those 2.

At the end of the year are we praising Butch for his on field coaching or are we talking about the hotseat based on next year.

Maggitt is nowhere near a lock to be drafted in the NFL. He needs to stay unless he has a spectacular year this year and he would be a certain mid round draft pick.

Post derailed on the first page. Whats the possibility that this would never work like the OP wanted?

If the rumor about Shy Tuttle is true and he picks the Vols. And if we land the big guy Tim Settle. C.M. may want to play on a top 20 defense next year. Fingers crossed for a few more big names. I wouldnt mind seeing some of these skill position guys cut from next years class to make room for some big future NFL linemen.

Cart........................................................horse

CM stays 100%, the team is ready to break out in 2015. With another killer recruiting team coming in, the D-Line will be awesome and CM will not miss that and the switch over to Nike.

I don't think they'll determine IF we get one, but which one we get.

If the rumor about Shy Tuttle is true and he picks the Vols. And if we land the big guy Tim Settle. C.M. may want to play on a top 20 defense next year. Fingers crossed for a few more big names. I wouldnt mind seeing some of these skill position guys cut from next years class to make room for some big future NFL linemen.

Hopefully they both come here but having a Top 20 defense comprised of mostly freshman and sophmores is very unlikely...

Who sometime wishes VN was a pay site? It would eliminate so many people

Saying, "Here's the "rules"." in the second sentence is gonna be a deal killer in this room every time.

Hopefully they both come here but having a Top 20 defense comprised of mostly freshman and sophmores is very unlikely...

Who sometime wishes VN was a pay site? It would eliminate so many people

Not me. Just wish half our fan base could read and the other half didn't have opinions.

----

Who wishes sometimes you could reach through the screen and slap someone?

Curt Maggitt owns land in Knoxville and is going to marry a UT cheerleader.

He "Wants it!"
He's staying!

VN Store

Back