I appreciate our Butch Jones

1truevol

I feel the need to voice my appreciation to Coach Jones. It' so exciting to hear and see a head coach (our head coach) so involved in every area of this football program. I mean taking over team meetings when he senses the energy or focus is lacking (example of knowing the team pulse), the demanding high expectations and accountability of every player, the creative practice sessions (again...knowing when to push certain buttons), the tireless approach to recruiting.....I mean I'm starting to think the man sleeps with his eyes open. I'd also like to voice my appreciation to his wife and kids who surely sacrifice their family time for this university and the demands of big time college football. Again..I just felt compelled to say "thanks Coach" for all that you do on a daily basis. Go Vols!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 36 people
I feel the need to voice my appreciation to Coach Jones. It' so exciting to hear and see a head coach (our head coach) so involved in every area of this football program. I mean taking over team meetings when he senses the energy or focus is lacking, the demanding high expectations and accountability of every player, the tireless approach to recruiting.....I mean I'm starting to think the man sleeps with his eyes open. I'd also like to voice my appreciation to his wife and kids who surely sacrifice their family time for this university and the demands of big time college football. Again..I just felt compelled to say "thanks Coach" for all that you do on a daily basis. Go Vols!!!

I feel this important detail is overlooked a lot of the time. Good call.

Reactions: 9 people
I feel the need to voice my appreciation to Coach Jones. It' so exciting to hear and see a head coach (our head coach) so involved in every area of this football program. I mean taking over team meetings when he senses the energy or focus is lacking, the demanding high expectations and accountability of every player, the tireless approach to recruiting.....I mean I'm starting to think the man sleeps with his eyes open. I'd also like to voice my appreciation to his wife and kids who surely sacrifice their family time for this university and the demands of big time college football. Again..I just felt compelled to say "thanks Coach" for all that you do on a daily basis. Go Vols!!!

@UTCoachJones on Twitter. Let him know bro. Good call!

No popcorn eating icons on this one...most of VOL nation is on the same page...thank you CBJ!

All the above are true, but the same holds true for the assistant coaches as far as their families and the time away. In many cases even more work is done by the assistants on the recruiting trail and away from home. All of our coaches are giving their all for TENNESSEE every day, so I thought I would put my 2 cents worth in on their behalf. I love CBJ but I love the whole staff. GBO

Reactions: 9 people
All the above are true, but the same holds true for the assistant coaches as far as their families and the time away. In many cases even more work is done by the assistants on the recruiting trail and away from home. All of our coaches are giving their all for TENNESSEE every day, so I thought I would put my 2 cents worth in on their behalf. I love CBJ but I love the whole staff. GBO
Agreed...no doubt.

Reactions: 2 people
We love Butch Jones!

1e2f7_ORIG-bowdown_gif.gif

Reactions: 1 person
He has been an utter home run hire. I wasn't too pleased the day he was hired, I was wrong. Hopefully, the W's are coming.

I feel the need to voice my appreciation to Coach Jones. It' so exciting to hear and see a head coach (our head coach) so involved in every area of this football program. I mean taking over team meetings when he senses the energy or focus is lacking (example of knowing the team pulse), the demanding high expectations and accountability of every player, the creative practice sessions (again...knowing when to push certain buttons), the tireless approach to recruiting.....I mean I'm starting to think the man sleeps with his eyes open. I'd also like to voice my appreciation to his wife and kids who surely sacrifice their family time for this university and the demands of big time college football. Again..I just felt compelled to say "thanks Coach" for all that you do on a daily basis. Go Vols!!!

Butch after winning his 29th consecutive national championship and pausing for a moment of "rest":

Dont-be-fooled-Gandalf-had-to-use-white-magic-to-be-able-to-sleep-with-his-eyes-open..jpg

Reactions: 3 people
I cannot imagine the energy it takes to run a team the way it is being done by CBJ. All of the coaches cannot get more than 4 hours of sleep a night. I could never function in that environment. Thank you coaches for giving your all for Tennessee Football.

GBO!

I'll reserve judgment until I see some improvement for that 3.3 million he is getting.

I appreciate him giving his all for Tennessee every day too! He's a tireless worker as are all the assistants. It will show on the field.
Patience!

I appreciate Butch for his passion, dedication and indefatigable work ethic off the field promoting the program and recruiting like a mug. I'm really ready to appreciate him on Saturday afternoons when we're not down 35-0 at halftime to Bama, giving up 200+ rushing yds to a QB, or enduring a humiliating loss at home to a very average Vandy team.

I'll reserve judgment until I see some improvement for that 3.3 million he is getting.

Maybe you need to open YOUR eyes - if you cant see the monumental improvement both in the program and in the recruiting you are hopelessly blind. It really is amazing to see what CBJ and staff have done in rebuilding our program, from donor & legacy relations to holding everyone accountable to making people proud to be a Vol again in spite of the last few years' dumpster fire. Yes, the on the field Ws have not yet arrived but there is no program in history where Ws were not preceded by better recruiting and program changes. In 2 years off the field he has done amazing things. I expect better things on the field this year and amazing things next year.

VN Store

Back