How good are the sooners?

Face

VolNation Con Man
Yeah they beat bama, but I'm looking for a jimmies and joes breakdown.

Last week, I had a training event for work. I met a guy from my firm's Dallas office who was a sooner alum.

We started chatting about the upcoming season and I said the sooners were primed for a solid year, especially with their young star QB.

He told me to slow it down, that no one watched the QB play throughout the year and what he did against bama was quote "play out of his F---ing mind."

My coworker was afraid OU was overrated.

It made me wonder how good big game bob's crew actually is, and how much of their perception is solely based on "oh my gosh they beat holy Saban."

Thoughts?

They got destroyed by Texas and Baylor but beat Bama. I think the Bama win is overhyped but they are still really good. Id definitely rather face them than Oregon.

Reactions: 12 people
In Norman? Pretty darn good...

I'm going to be there...to watch them lose...

Reactions: 10 people
The Sooners are going to be good at 21 positions. The big question mark out here in Sooner country is whether or not Trevor Knight is the real deal. A common theme among the radio guys is whether or not the Bama game was a fluke or the future. Most of the average fans feel the same way because he was good but not spectacular in his starts during the regular season. I expect a good running game, solid line play on both sides of the ball and good receivers. I am personally not sold on Knight, wasn't impressed with the games I saw him play early in the season. Most everybody out here thinks that the pre-season ranking is too high. They think 5-10 is closer to the mark than 2-5. TIFWIW from somebody stuck in Sooner land.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I've heard they are and will be excellent at home, may not lose. But on the road they are a little more vulnerable

Massive O line. True seniors and juniors protecting a pretty good QB. Our defense has to play lights out. I mean lights out to keep their O off the field. If our D plays a stringent balls out game - then our O line has to shine. In other words - both our D and O have to put one hell of a game together to come out of Norman with a victory. Or we could just walk all over them. It's a game, who knows.:)

Good but the "Experts" are over hyping them over 1 win over Bama. They will be in a closer game than they assume. Final score IMO will be 34-20 with OU winning. Hope it won't be as bad as Oregon last year but I think we still lose.

Depends on the week. Oklahoma got whipped by Texas last year also. I think that was a home game. Stoops is capable of pure pooping.

Reactions: 1 person
So good, when we beat them ESPN is gonna show highlights all night, SEC teams are piss their pants and VANDY fans are gonna start to remember the way their annual a $$ whipping use to feel! :dance2:

Reactions: 4 people
Oklahoma defeated WVU (4-8) in Norman, 16-7
Oklahoma defeated TCU (4-8) in Norman, 20-17
Oklahoma lost to Texas (8-5) in Norman, 36-20
Oklahoma lost to Baylor (11-2) @ Baylor, 41-12

But they beat Bama

Reactions: 6 people
They are a very beatable team. Somewhere along the lines of USCe and UGA last year.

They're pretty good IMO. They looked a lot different towards the end of the season culminating in that bowl game. If they continue that this season, don't see why they can't make the playoffs.

They're pretty good IMO. They looked a lot different towards the end of the season culminating in that bowl game. If they continue that this season, don't see why they can't make the playoffs.

They'll be a strong contender make the playoffs. They have a pretty complete team.

Reactions: 1 person
they been pretty jekyll and hyde the last few yrs. got blown out by Texas who was awful. Almost let WVU hang around too long last yr before they scored late. then looked like the best team in the country when they beat bama. you really never know what you will get with them.

They'll be a strong contender make the playoffs. They have a pretty complete team.

Pretty complete except the part where they don't have a proven RB and the 5*(Joe Mixon) just punched a girl in the face. No true number 1 at WR. No idea who their TE is, and a secondary that has 1 truly good player. I'm not saying we'll beat them or be super competitive but I just don't think they're an amazing team.

Also their QB had one good game last year. I think they beat us 30 something to 20 something because I think we'll put up points on people. But I wouldn't expect Oklahoma to be competing for a national title.

VN Store

Back