Marlin Lane emerges as leader for his senior season

kamoshika

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI8dkivHE5k[/youtube]

"Marlin Lane is what we are here to do," Gillespie said. "What I mean by that is that you will recruit some kids that are already self-sufficient. They come from great environments and everything is perfect. They don't need tutors, study hall or those extra things.

"Marlin Lane is why we coach. He is a kid that football was his way to do something different for his family and himself. Those are the kinds of guys that you want. You want that type of challenge as a coach. That's why you get into it. You take on both sides of it - the great kid but also the kid that needs the extra little effort. He's that kind of kid."

A New Running Lane - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: 8 people
I am hoping for a M. Hardesty type senior season for this young man. I believe he can do it.

Reactions: 8 people
Lane should have been the guy last season in my opinion. Looking forward to watching him tear it up in 2014.

Reactions: 2 people
Hoping he has a great year, which would mean that he's beaten out an extraordinarily talented freshman RB.

I like the way he runs. North/south runner, very good between the tackles which is something every team needs. If healthy he will have a nice senior season.

Reactions: 1 person
I love the way he finishes runs. Forward lean and low. As big as Neal was, he would rather go out of bounds than finish a run. That's good for longevity but not for sending a message to db's that you are bringing it and going to run their asses over.

Reactions: 2 people
I love the way he finishes runs. Forward lean and low. As big as Neal was, he would rather go out of bounds than finish a run. That's good for longevity but not for sending a message to db's that you are bringing it and going to run their asses over.

He does run with good leverage. Which helps him fall forward when being tackled. I think he and Hurd are going to be really good this year.

Hoping he has a great year, which would mean that he's beaten out an extraordinarily talented freshman RB.

You did say freshman and it is a very large playbook and there is more to the position than running. Jalen will get his chance early and barring injury will be a terror by season's end.:eek:k::clapping:
GO VOLS!

Surf (Marlin) and turf (Herd) gonna whip day azz

on a serious note I am very proud of young Mr. Lane!

Lane is a good rep as a sr. He should get the load this year. He has earned it. Hurd & co will get their reps. I would like to see Paulk redshirt this year. He can be the next best with another year under his belt.

He will be one of the top in conf however the line will determine his legacy (concerning stats).

Lane had to make changes in his life to continue building on the success that he experienced once he returned to the field. One of those was choosing to remain in Knoxville during breaks from classes and doing extra work on his own, rather than returning to his Florida home.

That's the stuff you love to read. I'm hoping also this is an indication that he will be a strong leader on the offense when on the field, not just vocally, but with the extra effort and intensity I expect him to bring. I believe he's going to have a great season.

Lane should have been the guy last season in my opinion. Looking forward to watching him tear it up in 2014.

Well, we did have a 1000 yard rusher. Lane may have well done the same thing if he had been #1 most of the season, but it's hard to argue against Neal's game last season. He ran much tougher and smarter than ever before and did nothing to lose his #1 spot other than the injury. But this season is Lane's time to shine.

VN Store

Back