Tennessee "Leadership Council"

Fingers

I saw this posted by Rucker, which lists the players who are members of the "leadership council" this year.

Here are the players on the leadership council: Senior quarterback Justin Worley, sophomore quarterback Nathan Peterman, sophomore quarterback Joshua Dobbs, senior tailback Marlin Lane, senior linebacker A.J. Johnson, senior defensive tackle Jordan Williams, junior defensive end/linebacker Curt Maggitt, sophomore defensive end Corey Vereen, sophomore receiver Marquez North, sophomore receiver Josh Smith, junior center Mack Crowder and junior guard Marcus Jackson.

These players are supposed to help with important team decisions and make recommendations to Coach Jones.

Does anyone remember this "council" from last season? I don't remember hearing anything about it. Do you think the group is a good representative of leaders for this year's team?

I saw this posted by Rucker, which lists the players who are members of the "leadership council" this year.

These players are supposed to help with important team decisions and make recommendations to Coach Jones.

Does anyone remember this "council" from last season? I don't remember hearing anything about it. Do you think the group is a good representative of leaders for this year's team?

Having all 3 QB's on the leadership council, I swear CBJ doesn't miss a trick.

Reactions: 2 people
Having all 3 QB's on the leadership council, I swear CBJ doesn't miss a trick.

Media before list came out:

Leadership Council for the 2014 UT Vols is coming out soon. Surely there is a crumb of information to see who will be UT's 2014 starting QB.

Media after the list came out:

832838334.gif

Well, Worley's name is first name listed. Worley for starter confirmed.

Reactions: 3 people
Saw where the other day (I think Day 3) when players came out and didn't have chin straps buckled or whatever, that Butch made the entire "Leadership Council" go over to Dave Lawson and do punishment workouts in the hole.

Then he said some were visible upset.

I like that philosophy. Hold your leaders accountable. If your leaders on the field demand success from EVERYONE, then you're going to be accountable across the board.

Reactions: 1 person
Saw where the other day (I think Day 3) when players came out and didn't have chin straps buckled or whatever, that Butch made the entire "Leadership Council" go over to Dave Lawson and do punishment workouts in the hole.

Then he said some were visible upset.

I like that philosophy. Hold your leaders accountable. If your leaders on the field demand success from EVERYONE, then you're going to be accountable across the board.

That's how it works in the military. You don't yell at Pvt Schmuckatelli for being an idiot. You yell at his CO and then everybody pays the piper. Schmuckatelli stops being such an idiot pretty quick.

Also, I was talking to my dad (both are former Marines) and the "everyone runs from drill to drill, there is no walking in practice and the walkers get zeroed in on very quickly.". My dad's first reaction was "sounds like Parris Island".

Last edited:
That's how it works in the military.

You don't yell at Pvt Schmuckatelli. You yell at his CO and then everybody pays the piper.

Schmuckatelli stops being such an idiot pretty quick.

I think I had two Schmuckatelli's in my company during boot. Unfortunately they stayed that way all the way thru.

That's how it works in the military. You don't yell at Pvt Schmuckatelli for being an idiot. You yell at his CO and then everybody pays the piper. Schmuckatelli stops being such an idiot pretty quick.

Also, I was talking to my dad (both are former Marines) and the "everyone runs from drill to drill, there is no walking in practice and the walkers get zeroed in on very quickly.". My dad's first reaction was "sounds like Parris Island".

I like the way that Butch runs thing. Football is a team sport, and I do not feel in any way shape or form that Butch is promoting individuals. He may make a comment about Marquez North playing well, but he will turn right around and pay one to Josh Smith, who nobody would think to mention. In fact, I noticed Smith is on the leadership council as well.

Butch does not cater to "individuals." That will lose us a lot of recruits over the years. But the end result will be better because of it.

We win as a team, lose as a team, and if one person fails, then we all do.

Al Wilson was the leadership council...

j/k but he did demand accountability from everyone.

I think Butch like the talent and thinks he can get some upsets if he can get the mental game developed.

IMO Butch is doing everything possible to turn the program around including great recruiting and instilling discipline. We can quibble over who is on the leadership council including especially Josh Smith but he knows best not us.

Sometimes the schmuckatelli is too strong to cure.

Or Senior Drill Instructor Hartman (Full Metal Jacket) was not allowed to do his job. I heard of these stress cards, where you couldn't yell at recruits, and almost became ill. Each generation is softer than the generation before.

Or Senior Drill Instructor Hartman (Full Metal Jacket) was not allowed to do his job. I heard of these stress cards, where you couldn't yell at recruits, and almost became ill. Each generation is softer than the generation before.

Guess you were one of the tough guys that wouldn't have been soft and drowned in Ribbon Creek?

VN Store

Back