Lets talk Volnation App

Volicidal Maniac

I brought this up over in the RF and thought I'd bring the subject over here to see what the majority had to say.

Ok people. I have to ask. Why is there no Volnation app? It needs to happen. I understand if its not Freaks area of expertise, but somebody needs to get on this. This is the only site I visit when I browse the web on my phone (which is most of the day when I'm not working and about 70% of my computer time).

I think an app would be more convenient and more user friendly if put together right. Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy the mobile version and would like to see the same layout being used in the app. Maybe have a simpler feature when trying to post pics or gifs. Get alerts and updates about your posts, posts you liked or posts you find intriguing, and also developing/breaking news. Possibly a feature that gives you the option to choose what subject/s you would like updates on and which treads have the most activity.

Given the popularity of this site, from not just Vol fans but from rival fans as well, I believe the people who run this site would do an amazing job, given the resources.

Sorry for the long post. But I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks. And possible ideas. Could a Volnation app work? Or is an app really even necessary?

Go Vols!!!!

Reactions: 5 people
The mobile site works great for me, but I do love the idea if getting some sort if notification when a post has been liked or replied to. That's my only request.

I'm admitting my ignorance on the subject but what would an app do that the mobile version doesn't?

Mobile version is so awesome I really don't see the need for an app.

The mobile version is awesome, No doubt. (I never use the web format) But implementing it into a app could change the dynamic of volnation. IMO, there would be more traffic which would make freak a lot more $$$.

Then you have the instant login, The updates of new threads. Freak could even have a breaking news feature for when a recruit selects us.

I'm admitting my ignorance on the subject but what would an app do that the mobile version doesn't?

Not that there is a huge need but an app could have things like direct messaging and live chat screens for games that has always been asked for.

Reactions: 1 person
The mobile version is awesome, No doubt. (I never use the web format) But implementing it into a app could change the dynamic of volnation. IMO, there would be more traffic which would make freak a lot more $$$.

Then you have the instant login, The updates of new threads. Freak could even have a breaking news feature for when a recruit selects us.

Instant login? I never log out.

Wonder how hard it would be to have a feature to see how many minutes you have clocked in on here.

Reactions: 2 people
Not that there is a huge need but an app could have things like direct messaging and live chat screens for games that has always been asked for.

That's what I was thinking. Just don't give it to much of a Facebooky feel to it. Some fokes around here despise social medias. Keep it simple and easy to use. Much like the mobile version just a bit more informative and more interactive.

I didn't know there was a Facebook app. I'm behind the times. :unsure:

Download the app boca, try it out & let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up on it. Unless you're Will Muschamp.

Edit: That's if you have a Facebook bruh. If not, don't sweat it. If a app ever happens it would be something new/great for you.

I've brought up the app idea before. I think it'd be fantastic, especially the receiving notifications about your posts replies, likes , etc. however I'm not gonna complain about the way the website works right now. Absolutely love it.

I've brought up the app idea before. I think it'd be fantastic, especially the receiving notifications about your posts replies, likes , etc. however I'm not gonna complain about the way the website works right now. Absolutely love it.

Haven't saw you post in awhile man! I absolutely agree. No complaining here, Just Helping/explaining ideas of and for a app.

Reactions: 1 person
Download the app boca, try it out & let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up on it. Unless you're Will Muschamp.

Edit: That's if you have a Facebook bruh. If not, don't sweat it. If a app ever happens it would be something new/great for you.

Thanks! My wife created a Facebook page for me years ago so she could send herself Zinga crap but I've never been on it. Maybe I will now.

Thanks again!

Thanks! My wife created a Facebook page for me years ago so she could send herself Zinga crap but I've never been on it. Maybe I will now.

Thanks again!

No problem man, I never picked up on twitter nor Instgram. I never understood the reason for taking selfies or tweeting what you're eating. I'm 21 btw. So don't feel too bad. You can connect more to the football program by liking there webpages on Facebook too. I'm sure your wife will help you on that one.

Wow I didn't know of said Facebook app either. The one thing I like about mobile site is having the forums page bookmarked and shortcut created.

Haven't saw you post in awhile man! I absolutely agree. No complaining here, Just Helping/explaining ideas of and for a app.

Yeah I've only been able to get on once maybe twice a day here lately. Such is life when prepping for the move to college haha

VN Store

Back