Just In Case Anyone Missed It...

VolinDalton

You'll Be Smitten
small

If you're not excited you may want to see a doctor.

The playmaking ability this receiving corps has is ridiculous.

Can't wait to see it under the lights in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: 34 people
If you listen to the video I think a coach says use two hands. I am sure that did not have to be said and let Young enjoy the moment.

If you listen to the video I think a coach says use two hands. I am sure that did not have to be said and let Young enjoy the moment.

He reached up with two but would have surely missed it if he tried to catch it with two. It went over his head.

small

If you're not excited you may want to see a doctor.

The playmaking ability this receiving corps has is ridiculous.

Can't wait to see it under the lights in a couple of weeks.

If he misses in football - he could be on the olympic tumbling team! great stuff!

Who threw those passes? Not sure how one QB throwing a poor pass somehow indicts the whole group....

I believe Peterman threw both of them. But I'm pretty sure the objective of the drill was for them to be overthrown. So I don't think that the focus should be on the throws, but on the catches.

JMO.

Reactions: 2 people
I love seeing the intense concentration the receivers have on the ball and how they never give up til after it hits the ground.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been watching all the vids so far and I know it's early but the accuracy of the QB's is just sloppy. Simple routes are not being met with consistent throws. This obviously improves before go-time but I must admit it was still a bit shocking.

Reactions: 2 people
In 3 practices we've had like 100+ balls thrown by the QB's fall incomplete. They have to get better, or it won't matter how good our WR's are...

Right now our QB's are struggling without A defense on the field

I've been watching all the vids so far and I know it's early but the accuracy of the QB's is just sloppy. Simple routes are not being met with consistent throws. This obviously improves before go-time but I must admit it was still a bit shocking.

Sure, I understand that. But you also have to keep in mind that a lot of drops and overthrown balls are because they're working on timing drills and routes. There's gonna be dropped balls. That's why there are so many practices leading up to the first coin toss.

Repetition of routes and timed passes during practice equates to moving the chains during game time.

I do agree that some of Dobbs' passes do seem to be off the mark. But, I only have the small clips of media practice to go on. I'll withhold judgement until I see them vs. Utah State. That will truly be the first time that we can adequately evaluate their progress, or lack thereof.

Not trying to ignore the fact that our QB play may be a weakness this year, but could there be drills that focus on catching balls like these? I feel like in game-time situations, good defenders will rarely allow for a simple throw and catch.

I could be wrong. I'm still fairly new to keeping up with practices and such. Nothing even close to this level of excitement has come out of Knoxville since I started my fandom in 2009 except for maybe the day we learned Dooley was gone or that time a link was posted to listen to TYS air traffic control for a possible Gruden landing... :lol:

Not trying to ignore the fact that our QB play may be a weakness this year, but could there be drills that focus on catching balls like these?

Not sure if serious because I have said twice in this thread that these are jump ball drills...

manningabyss_medium.gif

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back