you gotta love Von Pearson

kamoshika

Gracious, humble, uplifting...and lethal:

"There's some guys, you just like to be around them," Tennessee receivers coach Zach Azzanni said following Sunday's practice. "You can't get him down. I like players that come out and get me hyped up sometimes. I'm always the guy getting everybody going.

"It's a great infectious enthusiasm."

..."I just feel like coming from a hard life, never making it back in high school, I feel like nothing can faze me," Pearson said Saturday. "I just try to keep that high energy, because nothing else can go wrong. I had this second chance, so why be mad? You're at Tennessee."

Pearson's path to UT 'brought some life' to Vols' receivers | Times Free Press

Reactions: 22 people
How could he be "down?" The guy knows where he was a couple years ago, and realizes he's been given a massive opportunity.

I bet he makes the most out of this opportunity, too.

Reactions: 3 people
It sounds like Von is the "anti-prima donna," which is such a refreshing attitude to see from wide receivers, particularly in the NFL these days.

I also wish the Knoxville News Sentinel would hire Patrick Brown and Stephen Hargis to replace their old dinosaur, John Adams. The former journalists' work illustrates the fact that it is just as easy to write positive, uplifting material as it is to produce that sarcasm-laced drivel which Adams spouts.

Reactions: 20 people
There is a balance that is hard to find when it comes to elite athletes.

Von has found it.

He knows he has Superman-like talent, but he is humble about it. I am proud to have him repping the University of Tennessee at this level and beyond.

Reactions: 2 people
I loved hearing Butch call him out over the speaker today in practice. He was yelling "Von Pearson had fifteen articles written about him and he decided to take today off! Everyone hear that, Von Pearson takes days off!" From everything I've heard about him, coach riding him does nothing but make him go harder. I think we have a gem here.

Reactions: 4 people
Got laughed at before, I expect him to be a better WR than CP and I think he could flat-out be better in general, too. Insane amount of talent, but smarter/more focused in every facet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
Got laughed at before, I expect him to be a better WR than CP and I think he could flat-out be better in general, too. Insane amount of talent, but smarter/more focused in ever facet.

Don't usually LIKE your contributions, but when they read like this...you get one.

Reactions: 1 person
It sounds like Von is the "anti-prima donna," which is such a refreshing attitude to see from wide receivers, particularly in the NFL these days.

I also wish the Knoxville News Sentinel would hire Patrick Brown and Stephen Hargis to replace their old dinosaur, John Adams. The former journalists' work illustrates the fact that it is just as easy to write positive, uplifting material as it is to produce that sarcasm-laced drivel which Adams spouts.

Just subscibe th the Times Free Press.

Reactions: 1 person

Didn't Hargis write the infamous "Gruden" article in 2012?

This is one for the ages.

TFP has one @ like Adams named Weidmer. "sarcasm-laced drivel" is @ right. So tired of wasting time reading columnists trying to promote themselves.

But, the stuff Brown routinely produces is informative and clearly written. A valuable and interesting approach.

Like the story about his call to Coach Z prior to arriving. Asked him about what cleats to buy. Z said we got you covered.

Work ethic personified....make the most of this opportunity or flip burgers....love this kid gets it on another level squared...that is the type of leadership we need on the field and locker room :salute:

Pearson is a breath of fresh air compared to all these self entitled college football players nowadays. Gotta pull for a guy who understands the opportunity he has and is thankful just to be playing at the University of Tennessee. Loved the quote about Von walking by CBJ everyday at practice and tapping him on the shoulder, thanking coach for the opportunity to play for UT. Guy really gets it

VN Store

Back