Practice Interviews

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
Before anyone starts nit-picking what is said in the post-practice interviews, a little reality check:

These are 18-22 year old kids, most of whom have never had any formal training in public speaking. A large percentage of grown adults HATE to be put on the spot, and who knows what most of us would sound like with a mic and camera stuck in our faces. Shoot, I get nervous speaking to a room full of people or playing music in church. It really is a little unreasonable to put any sort of expectation on what may or may not come out of their mouths.

Just a little perspective spurn of thought I had when watching tonight...

Reactions: 3 people
Hurd was well spoken. Von still has that 757 "no-what-I'm-saying" going on, but who cares.

I'm not sure why this thread is necessary... I feel like every recruit that I have seen being interviewed has represented UT very well. I mean, how many times have you heard one of our players say 'yes sir' when answering a question? I am proud of team 118 and I feel like they have a team mindset when speaking.

Do you have a specific example? Because I'm at a loss here...

I was hoping for some links, but instead received a self-riteous rant on an issue no one else seems to have. Awesome thread!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure why this thread is necessary... I feel like every recruit that I have seen being interviewed has represented UT very well. I mean, how many times have you heard one of our players say 'yes sir' when answering a question? I am proud of team 118 and I feel like they have a team mindset when speaking.

Do you have a specific example? Because I'm at a loss here...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T6weWPXuJhs

All our young players are great but I'm just trying to be the best poster I can be and get along with all you other posters.

Reactions: 1 person
Before anyone starts nit-picking what is said in the post-practice interviews, a little reality check:

These are 18-22 year old kids, most of whom have never had any formal training in public speaking. A large percentage of grown adults HATE to be put on the spot, and who knows what most of us would sound like with a mic and camera stuck in our faces. Shoot, I get nervous speaking to a room full of people or playing music in church. It really is a little unreasonable to put any sort of expectation on what may or may not come out of their mouths.

Just a little perspective spurn of thought I had when watching tonight...

Lol!

You know when someone does something embaressing, there is that one guy who says "Now guys... Don't make fun of him" when no one was making fun of them, making the person who says that the only person making fun of them?

Well, if you followed that sentence, that is what this thread feels like. Lol.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back