Zach Fulton Winning RG Spot in KC

VolnJC

Last years' group might go down as the most talented line in UT history..makes that 5-7 season even harder to take

Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor · 12h

Looks like Zach Fulton is winning the right guard spot. Think he's gotten all the first-down reps.

Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor · 10h

Reid on Zach Fulton: “He’s played solid football, probably a little better than we anticipated.” # Vols # Chiefs

Reactions: 6 people
As a vol/chiefs fan this is very good news. Sure up that line which, like the vols, lost some key pieces.

I heard an interview with Daniel Hood on sports talk a few months ago and they asked him who he hated to go up against the most and he said Fulton. He went on to say Fulton would be the best pro out of anyone on our O-line from last year. Hood said Fulton is very strong and plays with a mean streak, and it seams to be helping him in the pros. I'm very excited for Fulton.

Reactions: 3 people
I heard an interview with Daniel Hood on sports talk a few months ago and they asked him who he hated to go up against the most and he said Fulton. He went on to say Fulton would be the best pro out of anyone on our O-line from last year. Hood said Fulton is very strong and plays with a mean streak, and it seams to be helping him in the pros. I'm very excited for Fulton.

Did he do this interview whilst mowing a lawn?

i dont mean this as any slight to those prev Olinemen. those men were VFL's. they had several diff coaches and learned sev styles of O. My pt is that individually they may be more talented and have better NFL careers but that doesnt mean they were the de facto best line, or even most talented in Vol history.

In fact, id wager to bet that this newer, less 'star' laiden, 'less' talented line sees more collegiate success from the standpoint of being recruited and geared for the same system. but, from a standpoint of team mentality, being close, and mean and nasty will see more successes. this is all theoretical and speculative, yes, but we'll see.

may just be wishful thinking

Last years' group might go down as the most talented line in UT history..makes that 5-7 season even harder to take

Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor · 12h

Looks like Zach Fulton is winning the right guard spot. Think he's gotten all the first-down reps.

Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor · 10h

Reid on Zach Fulton: “He’s played solid football, probably a little better than we anticipated.” # Vols # Chiefs

The most under achieving line in a UT history, things get serious when it comes down to providing food, clothing,and shelter. :yes:

murrayshake.jpg

Now we know what Murray has been doing since the Draft

Reactions: 3 people
Good to hear about ZR and TB. both really deserve it.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol: if TB is actually ahead of murray! that's gotta sting!

Reactions: 2 people
The most under achieving line in a UT history, things get serious when it comes down to providing food, clothing,and shelter. :yes:

They were a good line that played on bad teams. This myth that they under achieved needs to be eradicated. I mean, looks like two of them have already cemented themselves into NFL starting lineups. How many years has it been since we could say that?

They were a good line that played on bad teams. This myth that they under achieved needs to be eradicated. I mean, looks like two of them have already cemented themselves into NFL starting lineups. How many years has it been since we could say that?

They were a damned good line. Just not built for the type of football CBJ wants to play. No shame in that. Seems that they were the prototype for linemen in the NFL.

They were a damned good line. Just not built for the type of football CBJ wants to play. No shame in that. Seems that they were the prototype for linemen in the NFL.

Honestly, I will never understand the people who dogged the Bray offense (or last season's work considering that a good chunk of the season was helmed by an inaccurate Worely or a true freshman). Our defense was so terrible in the last year of Dooley's tenure that 30 points in a game wasn't even close to enough. Pretty hard to stay sharp and mentally tough with a moron coaching your team and a defense that couldn't stop anyone.

Reactions: 1 person

They had a top 5 UT all-time ypc avg last year, and were on their 4th OL coach in 4 years, with no TE and no qb to get the ball outside and freshman receivers out there, all in a new scheme.
Perspective doesn't hurt every now and then.

They had a top 5 UT all-time ypc avg last year, and were on their 4th OL coach in 4 years, with no TE and no qb to get the ball outside and freshman receivers out there, all in a new scheme.
Perspective doesn't hurt every now and then.

Excellent post.

Losing/winning as a team clouds s lot of people's judgment of individual players. Had these linemen been 2nd string on the 98 team, some would say they deserved to be AA's, VFLs, who bleed orange.

i dont mean this as any slight to those prev Olinemen. those men were VFL's. they had several diff coaches and learned sev styles of O. My pt is that individually they may be more talented and have better NFL careers but that doesnt mean they were the de facto best line, or even most talented in Vol history.

In fact, id wager to bet that this newer, less 'star' laiden, 'less' talented line sees more collegiate success from the standpoint of being recruited and geared for the same system. but, from a standpoint of team mentality, being close, and mean and nasty will see more successes. this is all theoretical and speculative, yes, but we'll see.

may just be wishful thinking

Our lines in the late 90/ had multiple first rounders probably the best.

Awesome, glad to see guys like this just GRIND and make it happen. The spot light was always on Tiny and looks who's got the last laugh. Good for this young man!

VN Store

Back