If You Could Bring One Person Back As Coach...

Who Would You Bring Back As A Coach?

• Total voters

TNHopeful505

Who would it be from these options??

This is assuming that Butch is still head coach.

I think if Butch does make a coaching hire after this season, I think he pulls from within the Tennessee family.

I know A LOT of these are completely unrealistic at this point in time.

But, if you could bring back one of these guys to be a part of this staff, or another I haven't mentioned, who would you pick?

Butch says he looks for 5 things in a coach:
1) Ability to scheme
2) Ability to teach fundamentals
3) Ability to recruit
4) Ability to evaluate talent
5) Ability to mentor and be a father figure.

Just thought about it. Don't flame, just wondering.

Last edited:
Coach Cut. He and Chavis are the bigger reason for Tennessee's 90's success once Fulmer locked down the recruit's.

I really truly believe that if Butch were to let Jancek go at the end of this season, that he would look into bringing back Chavis.

And I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't come back. LSU is paying him big money ($1.1 million a year on average, will make 1.3 this year), but that contract ends in 2015.

But...after hearing that recent interview with Eddie Moore talking about Chavis and how much he missed UT, and how he could see it....I just see it being a HARD offer to pass up.

Obviously, Kiffin didn't keep him, because he wanted to bring in daddy. Dooley wouldn't have brought him back, because Dooley didn't care a rat's butt about our tradition and the Vol family. (However, Wilcox was a good hire, but Dooley ran him off).

I think Butch would sincerely reach out to him and try to bring him back. He still has family in Knoxville, and a house in Knoxville, and he has spent a lot of his life here.

The biggest reason I think Butch would reach out to him though (aside from the fact that he is arguably the best DC in college football, and has been for 20 years), is the fact that this team is missing a presence from the glory days that's around all of the time.

Chief knows and remembers what it was like. He remembers how it felt to win that NC. He knows, and he can tell these guys. Not to mention, turn them into a super nasty defense.

I really think that bringing him back would be a PERFECT move for UT at the end of this season, if Jancek were no longer retained.

JMO though. But I could really see it happening.

Reactions: 8 people
Semi surprised at the votes for Wilcox. Though I do believe he is one of the best up and comers in the game right now. If we would have kept him instead of bringing in Sunseri, Dooley would probably still be here. He is a great DC. Sirmon was a great LB coach too.

I really truly believe that if Butch were to let Jancek go at the end of this season, that he would look into bringing back Chavis.

And I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't come back. LSU is paying him big money ($1.1 million a year on average, will make 1.3 this year), but that contract ends in 2015.

But...after hearing that recent interview with Eddie Moore talking about Chavis and how much he missed UT, and how he could see it....I just see it being a HARD offer to pass up.

Obviously, Kiffin didn't keep him, because he wanted to bring in daddy. Dooley wouldn't have brought him back, because Dooley didn't care a rat's butt about our tradition and the Vol family. (However, Wilcox was a good hire, but Dooley ran him off).

I think Butch would sincerely reach out to him and try to bring him back. He still has family in Knoxville, and a house in Knoxville, and he has spent a lot of his life here.

The biggest reason I think Butch would reach out to him though (aside from the fact that he is arguably the best DC in college football, and has been for 20 years), is the fact that this team is missing a presence from the glory days that's around all of the time.

Chief knows and remembers what it was like. He remembers how it felt to win that NC. He knows, and he can tell these guys. Not to mention, turn them into a super nasty defense.

I really think that bringing him back would be a PERFECT move for UT at the end of this season, if Jancek were no longer retained.

That would win Jones recruiter of the year.

Reactions: 2 people

stop geting my hopes up :p

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back