SEC Network question

illvol

Eternal optimist
For those who have providers that have negotiated deals with the network, has anyone seen or does anyone have an idea about what subscribing to it will actually cost?

I'm a direct tv customer and am curious how much my bill will go up (and will be worth every penny).

For those who have providers that have negotiated deals with the network, has anyone seen or does anyone have an idea about what subscribing to it will actually cost?

I'm a direct tv customer and am curious how much my bill will go up (and will be worth every penny).

I've heard the SEC N is asking around $1.40 per subscriber for those in the SEC market. That figure may be off a little but that gives you an idea.

I'm also a DirecTV customer. I thought they haven't worked out a deal yet? I hope I'm wrong. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. But I was under the impression that Direct hasn't worked out a deal.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm also a DirecTV customer. I thought they haven't worked out a deal yet? I hope I'm wrong. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. But I was under the impression that Direct hasn't worked out a deal.

They haven't that I know of but I'm optimistic it will get done. Just trying to look ahead and budget.

I have AT&T Uverse, and was told that it is free with the current package I have. I left DirecTV in January when AT&T signed with SEC Network. Their service is much better.

Reactions: 2 people
They haven't that I know of but I'm optimistic it will get done. Just trying to look ahead and budget.

Go to getsecnetwork. com. , you ail find answers to many of your questions and other useful info. :hi:

Called Charter yesterday. It costs nothing extra and will be a regular channel such as Fox Sports Network.

Reactions: 5 people
I have Cox Communications. They told me it would be included with the sports pack...ie:ESPNU, Classic, etc.

I have Directv and really like it. We are working on a SEC Storied right now that will air soon after the network launches and feeling is it will be on Directv as well. We have comcast at work and it sucks. But don't think there is any "perfect" TV provider (or internet for that matter).

Reactions: 1 person
Hoping for the best that Directv does the right thing!

I called DirectTV and was told they are close. I extended my deadline to them from 31 July to 15 August. No deal by then, I'm switching to Dish. You might do the same if you have directTV. put the heat on them a little. Power in numbers.

I've had Dish, Comcast, Uverse, and currently on DirecTV. There is no comparison. DirecTV has the best programming, especially if you're a sports fan. The company that offers the best sports package will not miss out on SEC network, bank on that. I doubt the package prices will change. If they do it won't be more than a dollar or two per month.

Reactions: 4 people
Is it free for comcast customers. Looked and it didn't give any indication that it would?

I've had Dish, Comcast, Uverse, and currently on DirecTV. There is no comparison. DirecTV has the best programming, especially if you're a sports fan. The company that offers the best sports package will not miss out on SEC network, bank on that. I doubt the package prices will change. If they do it won't be more than a dollar or two per month.

THIS!:rock:

DirecTV was overpriced and would lose a signal in a storm. Uverse is so much better. I have not lost signal since I got the service in January. I pay less for Uverse with internet, than I did with just DirecTV.
With Uverse, I can record up to 6 shows at once while watching a different one, and I can watch them on any tv in my house. With DirecTV you can only record 2 shows at a time and must be watching one of them, and you can only watch it on the tv you have the DVR hooked up to.
No comparison, Uverse crushes DirecTV!!
:peace2:

Last edited:
DirecTV was overpriced and would lose a signal in a storm. Uverse is so much better. I have not lost signal since I got the service in January. I pay less for Uverse with internet, than I did with just DirecTV.
With Uverse, I can record up to 6 shows at once while watching a different one, and I can watch them on any tv in my house. With DirecTV you can only record 2 shows at a time and must be watching one of them, and you can only watch it on the tv you have the DVR hooked up to.

Wow...when was the last time you looked at Directv? Can only record 2 shows at a time and have to be watching one? Your've correct if you are basing it on their technology from, say 5 years ago. Check again.

As far as price, Directv has the best deal going, if you know how to work it. Example. We get the majority of channels, including the sports package, Starz, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, etc. I pay around $53 a month. Just have to know how to work it.

I live in Chattanooga and wouldn't consider using any other internet service than EPB, our local utility that offers 1 gb internet (fastest in USA). I have no need for a phone, so any company that tries to sucker people in with a "triple play" package is out for me. I only need TV service, and DirecTV has the best sports package, which is 90% of what I watch. NFL Sunday Ticket is killer.

VN Store

Back