Bray impressive in KC

To me bray is one of the few former vols I could care less about.

The way he didn't care if we lost to kent..his effort for game prep and other things..

Maybe it was fools that drove this but that's just me.

Reactions: 13 people

The way he didn't care if we lost to kent..his effort for game prep and other things..

How much less?

Reactions: 13 people

Was able to throw the bomb...

Reactions: 1 person
Here is what I think about T Bray.

He was recruited by a notable head coach who had success at the upper level of CFB at USC. I'm sure traveling all the way from Cali to Knoxville was more than a little stresser for him (remember he's 19). He probably got into QB competitions with others and knew he was really good (at least physically). They guy who originally recruited him was also supposed to mentor him as a QB. Well, that didn't work out. That guy went back to Cali and Bray was left with...the bag. Then Fools comes in and basically wrecks the team morale and finally after having enough.....he breaks mentally and adopts a "who gives a ____?" attitude. Surrounded by enough adversity, that can happen to anyone.

I'm not defending him completely, but by the middle of his junior year TB knew his college career was "busting" and for all the wrong reasons. He knew that if he wanted to make it to the pros, he had to "just make it" to the combine and hopefully get drafted. That "just make it" attitude prompted a "survivalist" mindset and that is exactly what he did - survive. Do you have to go to a bowl game to survive? No.

The really sad part is that if he had David Cutcliff to coach/mentor/develop him - there is no telling where he'd be right now in terms of rotation on a NFL roster (and $ in the bank).

Reactions: 17 people
Bray played well when you consider the coaching staff that was in place when he was there and the lack of talent that was around him.
He passed for 7,444 yards in his 3 year career. I am positive that had he not missed about 5 games due to injuries & if Dooley had let him play earlier in his freshman season and had he come back his senior year, he would have surpassed Manning on the passing list of 11,000.
He missed 12 games by NOT returning for his senior season. He missed 5 games due to injuries and a couple more due to Dooley wanting to play Simms during the hard part of the schedule.
However; when you look at things from Brays' perspective. (1) New coach (2) New system (3) C.P gone (4) Zack gone (5) Rivera gone. Can he really improve his draft status by staying one more year????????????????

Bray played well when you consider the coaching staff that was in place when he was there and the lack of talent that was around him.
He passed for 7,444 yards in his 3 year career. I am positive that had he not missed about 5 games due to injuries & if Dooley had let him play earlier in his freshman season and had he come back his senior year, he would have surpassed Manning on the passing list of 11,000.
He missed 12 games by NOT returning for his senior season. He missed 5 games due to injuries and a couple more due to Dooley wanting to play Simms during the hard part of the schedule.
However; when you look at things from Brays' perspective. (1) New coach (2) New system (3) C.P gone (4) Zack gone (5) Rivera gone. Can he really improve his draft status by staying one more year????????????????

None of that mattered because he got caught taking money so he would have been ineligible

Reactions: 4 people
I always thought this was pretty funny..

trollerbray.gif

Reactions: 16 people
I feel bad for Bray that he had to play for Dooley. I would have thrown more than beer bottles. Bray was great, UT had zero defense....

Reactions: 7 people
I feel bad for Bray that he had to play for Dooley. I would have thrown more than beer bottles. Bray was great, UT had zero defense....

His arm was great, but I would never say that Bray was a great player at Tennessee. He had some shining moments, but definitely not a great player in college.

I was lucky enough to score season tickets on row1 for the 2011 and 2012 seasons; great seats but terrible years to get them. The communication between Bray and the HC was certainly lacking. I recall one play when he lined Bray up on 4th down intending to go for it but Bray punted it away. They both threw hissy fits on sidelines.

VN Store

Back