CP in SI: Nice Vid

Probably pound for pound one of the most gifted players since Kelley Washington . But a lot less attitude. And I mean time spent at UT.

Probably pound for pound one of the most gifted players since Kelley Washington . But a lot less attitude. And I mean time spent at UT.

I would go even further and put him in the same category as players like Chuck Webb, Carl Pickens, Dale Carter, Jamal Lewis, Al Wilson and Eric Berry. I wouldn't include Kelley in that discussion.

It's just a shame that we only had CP for one season. But he made quite an impression in that short time.

Reactions: 2 people
Barring injury, CP has the tools to be one of the best in the NFL.

Kelly Washington isnt even in the same class as CP. Not even close. JMO. Ive never seen anyone better in the open field. Ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Classy. Every bit what we want former Vols to be. He was only here a short while but he considers himself a VFL. Hate to say it, but DD did something right when he landed CP.

Patterson is one of the most dynamic playmakers I've ever seen at Tennessee. He's a once-a-decade type player.

Reactions: 1 person
All I have to say is if DD was ANY kind of a coach.. we would have had CP and DR and JH, behind a well rounded QB in Bray. But he was to much of a tool to handle the situation.

What should have been at least an SEC championship year, turned into another losing season among many.

How is it possible to not win when you have that much talent in your stable.. it still amazes me..

And this is coming from someone who tried his hardest to defend the guy, who tried to find something/anything else to blame.

Reactions: 3 people
All I have to say is if DD was ANY kind of a coach.. we would have had CP and DR and JH, behind a well rounded QB in Bray. But he was to much of a tool to handle the situation.

What should have been at least an SEC championship year, turned into another losing season among many.

How is it possible to not win when you have that much talent in your stable.. it still amazes me..

And this is coming from someone who tried his hardest to defend the guy, who tried to find something/anything else to blame.

Truth

CP was the lone bright spot in 2012. I was in awe of his abilities on the collegiate level, but to see him making opposing players look equally stupid in the NFL is absolutely incredible. CP has the tools to be one of the greatest if he keeps it up.

I've never watched anyone cut back on a dime like he does at just the right time. Well, Barry Sanders would be about the same. Love watching CP in the open field.

VN Store

Back